Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 4.5.X
Stepping out while debugging causes the standalone player to freeze
1. Build Angry bots x64 standalone on OSX 10.9
2. Put a breakpoint in FreeMovementMotor line 18
3. Pin some variables
4. Attach to player
5. Hit breakpoint, step through some code
5. Player crashes (stack trace attached)
Expected result: Debugging proceeds
Actual result: player freezes
The issue is related to Stepping Out when debugging and is fixed. We found another issue related to Stepping Over which has the same result, the player freezing but it only occurs when using Step Over.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [2D URP] Documentation link on 3D Renderer Data doesn't work
- Depth is not rendered in a depth-only camera which is set up by a custom script
- The Scene\Game view is grey when two "Universal Additional Camera Data" scripts are attached to the camera
- Crash on "'anonymous namespace'::ConvertFBXShapes" when importing an FBX file
- Crash on Transform::RemoveFromParent when Object.DestroyImmediate() is called on Transform
Dec 05, 2013 19:40
Still bugged in 4.3.1! Priority 3?????????????????????????? FFS Unity!
Dec 04, 2013 10:48
The Debugging in Unity 4.3.1 with Mavericks is impossible for me at the moment. Unity and MD hanging ! Requiring the force-quitting Unity and MD.
Dec 03, 2013 21:52
And I'm on 4.3.1.
Dec 03, 2013 21:09
This says fixed, but it is absolutely not fixed for me or anyone on my team. Should I vote on this or will it just be ignored because of it's "fixed" status?
Dec 02, 2013 22:16
Updated to 4.3.1 hoping the mono debugger freezing unity will be solved.. No such luck on Mavericks, MBR 2012
Dec 01, 2013 04:00
Still happens for me in 4.3.1 + Mavericks on a MBP Early 2011. Makes it impossible to put breakpoints in Start() or Awake() methods
Nov 30, 2013 17:53
After rebooting the whole machine, it's working again. Sorry but I don't think you have solved the race condition, you probably have just hidden it a little more.
Nov 30, 2013 17:47
It's happening again in 4.3.1 after the patch. I've been working with it for a day, at first it stopped happening but it's happening again now in the usual workflow:
- Attach process to unity debugger from Mono
- Hit "Play" in Unity editor
I can't understand how it's broken again. Should I reinstall or something??
Nov 21, 2013 18:46
Does this bug refer to the OS X *Mavericks-specific* debugging hang? The other comments would seem to indicate so (and if that's the case, this'll definitely get a vote from me), but I don't see Mavericks mentioned in the actual bug report above.
Nov 21, 2013 01:45
We cannot debug with Unity 4.3 / OSX Mavericks. Enabling the 'play in background' player setting allows the debugger to attach and debug something about once every 25 attempts. Every failed attempt results in hanging, requiring force-quitting Unity and restarting MonoDevelop.