Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 4.5.X
Stepping out while debugging causes the standalone player to freeze
1. Build Angry bots x64 standalone on OSX 10.9
2. Put a breakpoint in FreeMovementMotor line 18
3. Pin some variables
4. Attach to player
5. Hit breakpoint, step through some code
5. Player crashes (stack trace attached)
Expected result: Debugging proceeds
Actual result: player freezes
The issue is related to Stepping Out when debugging and is fixed. We found another issue related to Stepping Over which has the same result, the player freezing but it only occurs when using Step Over.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- The terrain appears darker when "Per-pixel Normal" is enabled
- [Linux] Editor assertion causes Test Runner to fail when executing it in Batch Mode
- Color selection by the mouse cursor is still enabled when the "Esc" button is pressed
- Game view becomes black and the Scene window becomes grey, “ArgumentOutOfRangeException” errors and “Render Pipeline error” warnings appear after changing the name or deleting URP/HDRP global settings file
- Transform Component is not accessible inside the Player when RuntimeInitializeOnLoadMethod is used
Sep 26, 2014 21:14
Not resolved at all on iMac mid 2011 OSX10.9.4 Unity 4.5.4f1
Sep 24, 2014 15:06
This isn't fixed in Unity 4.5. Every second time I try to debug a project, Unity crashes.
May 28, 2014 19:41
The debugger hasn't been fixed in 4.5. This bug needs to be reopened. I agree with all the previous posters that this severely affects our development.
@Yarg - How do you run Unity in "fullscreen" mode on OSX?
May 20, 2014 12:13
Found a workaround. Just run Unity if fullscreen mode.
May 11, 2014 15:37
OS X 10.9.2 with Unity 4.3.4f1, MonoDevelop 4.0.1 : Unity freezes most of the time when debugger with MonoDevelop. This type of issue occurred in previous versions of Unity on Mac, can't understand why it is marked as non regression and why priority is P3. Obviously this will never be looked into at P3.
May 11, 2014 15:21
I tried with single screen setup but sill have the issue (OS X 10.9.2 with Unity 4.3.4f1, MonoDevelop 4.0.1). In fact debugger sometimes hits my breakpoints (which I put on startup in some Start() method) but then when there are no more breakpoints and I hit the "continue" button, Unity freezes. Also something funny (might not be the appropriate word) is that when quitting MonoDeveloper (CMD+Q), it either freezes itself, or it decides to launch up Unity! So sometimes I have to quit MonoDevelop several times before it really agrees to quit.
May 11, 2014 15:12
OS X 10.9.2 with Unity 4.3.4f1, MonoDevelop 4.0.1 : Unity freezes most of the time when debugger with MonoDevelop. This type of issue occurred in previous versions of Unity on Mac, can't understand why it is marked as non regression and why priority is P3. Guys, this makes your software mostly unusable on Mac, time to realize this.
May 06, 2014 20:12
It is May 2014. Why is this still an issue? This has severely hindered my workflow and instead of upgrading Unity I may need to purchase UnityVS, Visual Studio Pro and Parallels instead.
May 05, 2014 22:42
This crash cost me like five hours of work. It's pathetic that this wasn't tested right.
Apr 29, 2014 12:01
Run application first and then attach the debugger doesn't work.