Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2017.1
Android Build fails when the latest Android SDK Tools 25.3.1 version is used
How to reproduce:
1. Update Android SDK Tools to 25.3.1
- In Mac open Android Studio -> Check for updates and update Android Studio version (might be not necessary)
- In Android Studio -> Preferences -> Appearance & Behavior -> System Settings -> Android SDK -> SDK Tools
2. Create a new Unity project
3. Build and run on Android device
Result: Build fails "CommandInvokationFailure: Unable to list target platforms. Please make sure the android sdk path is correct. See the Console for more details. ..."
Reproducible: 5.5.2p2, 5.6.0b11, 2017.1.0a3
Note: I haven't been able to reproduce this issue on Windows machine. As after update via Android Studio, SDK Manager still doesn't see SDK Tools 25.3.1 version and uses 25.2.5
Workaround for the customers.
1) just open https://developer.android.com/studio/index.html
2) scroll down to the bottom of that page
3) go to downloads
4) scroll down to the bottom of that page
5) find Windows "tools_r25.2.3-windows.zip" download and unzip it
5) find MacOSX "tools_r25.2.3-macosx.zip" download and unzip it.
6) In the SDK path replace the tools folder.
Unity versions: 5.4.5p2, 5.5.3p3, 5.6.0p3, 2017.1.0b3
SDK Tools have to be updated to 26.x.x
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Visual artifacts appear when rendering to render texture which uses a specific shader
- Unity crashes when calling GameObject.Destroy() on an "empty" GameObject
- FileNotFoundException exception when there are special characters in the assembly path when calling Activator.CreateInstance
- [VR] Crash w/ Oculus and DX11 on Camera selection
- Editor crashes in FindRelativeTransformWithPath on entering Play mode, when two certain scripts are attached to game object