Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in [Package] 0.0.10-preview
Found in [Package]
[UWP][Keyboard] onInputText does not work.
The onInputText does not show the text input on UWP. It happens to both physical keyboard and on screen one.
1. Download input test project: https://oc.unity3d.com/index.php/s/qRzUBoGKsVawY2d
2. Build and launch UWP player from attached project
3. Observe the onInputText section of the project.
Expected: The onInputText shows the correct result from keyboard input.
The issue caused by UWP behavior in which the CharacterReceived Window event, which dispatches the UTF-32 character to NewInput, isn't fired if the AcceleratorKeyDown event is "handled". This bug also occurs in 2018.3 and isn't related to my IME feature work, and so I've opened a backport case for it. I'm uncertain how I missed this bug because I though I verified characters were dispatched before.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Unity Ads Package conflict with Moq framework
- Particle system trails sprites modifies unexpectedly when Texture Sheet Animation is enabled
- "Density" in "Buoyancy Effector 2D" description is inaccurate and difficult to understand
- Some Isometric Tiles are not Rendered on the Tilemap when using "Chunk" Mode on the Tilemap Renderer
- Input.GetKeyUp and Input.GetKeyDown always Return False when used in the Coroutine with WaitForEndOfFrame Return type