Search Issue Tracker
[Mobile][Editor][Retina] Canvas scale changes every frame leading to jumping UI and severe performance degradation
Only reproduces with two monitors (for example MacBook Pro + another monitor).
Using textMesh Pro package.
Steps to reproduce:
1, Open user's attached project
2. Make sure Build target is set to iOS or Android.
3. Drag one of the Editor windows to another display, for example, Profiler window.
4. Hit Play
Result: Canvas scale changes/jumps every frame.
This behaviour is not reproducible both with OpenGL 4.1 and Metal, but not when the target is set to Desktop.
Reproduced with: 2017.2.0a1, 2017.1.0b7, 5.6.1p2, 5.6.0f3, 5.5.3p3.
Also, try dragging one of the Editor windows between two monitors (not in Play mode). The Canvas scale will change/jump as well.
Only reproduced with Retina display. Unable to reproduce it with iMac (that does not have Retina).
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- "Unknown managed type referenced" error is thrown on Play Mode enter with Profiler recording
- CapsuleCast from certain positions fails to detect a hit
- ShaderUtil.GetShaderData(shader).SubshaderCount does not count unsupported subshader
- GameObject.GetComponents returns the wrong number of components
- GUI button looks different from Editor in a Build