Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2017.2.0f3
"In order to call GetTransformInfoExpectUpToDate..." error message appears while toggling Skinned Mesh Renderer component
How to reproduce:
1. Create a new project
2. Change "Directional Light" type from Directional to Spot, make sure that it's Shadow Type settings would be set to Soft or Hard Shadows
3. Add a 3D Object as a child of "Directional Light" GameObject
4. Add a Skinned Mesh Renderer component to a 3D Object
5. Create an empty GameObject as a child of 3D Object
6. Go back to 3D Object Inspector settings and set an empty GameObject as a Root Bone
7. Toggle on and off 3D Objects Skinned Mesh Renderer component repeatedly
Expected result: No error is appearing
Actual result: "In order to call GetTransformInfoExpectUpToDate, RendererUpdateManager.UpdateAll must be called first." error message appears in the Console
Note: The important parts of this bug reproduction are Spotlight, Realtime/Mixed Shadows(hard/soft), "Skinned Mesh Renderer" with "Root Bone" assigned
Regression introduced in - 5.6.0b8
Reproducible with - 2017.1.0b1, 5.6.0f3, 5.6.0b8
Not reproducible with - 5.6.0b7, 5.5.3f1, 5.4.5f1
Fixed in 2017.2.0a4. Backports to 5.6 and 2017.1 were made.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [OSX][Settings] When using only the new ISX as Input Handling, mouse position and scroll are still detected by the old system.
- [Scripting] Input Action fails to re-enable after disabled.
- [MacOS] "Bloom" does not work in Standalone Build
- Mesh.CombineMeshes result has different normals if the original mesh has tweaked normals and scale
- [Hub] In licence error screen https://unity3d.com/unity/err/license redirects to not found website