Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2017.2.0f3
VideoPlayer.Play() still has a delay after using VideoPlayer.Prepare()
Steps to reproduce:
1. Download and open the attached project
2. Enter Play mode
Expected result: videos are played seamlessly due to being prepared
Actual result: videos still have a delay when they are started to play, even if they were prepared
Reproduced on 5.6.0p4, 5.6.1p2, 2017.1.0b4, 2017.1.0b8, 2017.2.0a1
Feature introduced in 5.6
-User suggests ideally having a queue of videos to be prepared
-The issue appears on Android platform too
Re-encoding the videos in the Unity inspector should fix any remaining issues.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [TextMesh Pro] Using Ellipsis overflow causes some Emojis to turn into a Square when truncated
- Editor: Assembly icons are not shown correctly.
- [VR]Editor Crashes when exiting the Play Mode if VR support is enabled and a Particle System is emitting mesh instances
- Object with ISerializationCallbackReceiver Interface receives Serialization Callback when it has a private access level
- AssetModificationProcessor.OnWillCreateAsset Callbacks are inconsistent with different Assets