Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.3.X, 2021.1.X, 2021.2.X
[UWP] HoloLens TouchScreenKeyboard closes ~4 seconds after focusing TMP input field
When selecting an input field in HoloLens2, the Keyboard will open but then automatically closes after ~4 seconds.
1. Open attached project
2. Build for UWP and run on HoloLens2 (or HL2 emulator)
3. Use the on-screen keyboard to enter text into the input field
4. Close the Keyboard
5. Select the input field again to re-open the keyboard
6. Wait about 5 seconds
Expected: Keyboard remains open
Actual: Keyboard automatically closes after ~4 seconds
This bug is related to this issue: https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/issues/uwp-xbox-onscreenkeyboard-is-immediately-closed-when-selecting-inputfield. The fix (workaround WinRT bug with InputField::Show()) introduced a race-condition that's now causing this problem.
It's also related this this other issue: https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/issues/hololens-2-set-selection-throws-argumentoutofrangeexception. The unhanded exception is a factor in triggering this bug, but the root issue is a race-condition.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Treeview is infinitely populating items when using IL2CPP build
- ProBuilder prefab thumbnails do not showcase the prefab when observed in the Project window
- Wrong documentation page is displayed for the "Scene Template Pipeline" help icon
- Missing Device Simulator API
- Shadow gets cut off when in Play Mode and using shader "Shader Graph/Rotation Shader" for material