Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.3.X, 2021.1.X, 2021.2.X
[UWP] HoloLens TouchScreenKeyboard closes ~4 seconds after focusing TMP input field
When selecting an input field in HoloLens2, the Keyboard will open but then automatically closes after ~4 seconds.
1. Open attached project
2. Build for UWP and run on HoloLens2 (or HL2 emulator)
3. Use the on-screen keyboard to enter text into the input field
4. Close the Keyboard
5. Select the input field again to re-open the keyboard
6. Wait about 5 seconds
Expected: Keyboard remains open
Actual: Keyboard automatically closes after ~4 seconds
This bug is related to this issue: https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/issues/uwp-xbox-onscreenkeyboard-is-immediately-closed-when-selecting-inputfield. The fix (workaround WinRT bug with InputField::Show()) introduced a race-condition that's now causing this problem.
It's also related this this other issue: https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/issues/hololens-2-set-selection-throws-argumentoutofrangeexception. The unhanded exception is a factor in triggering this bug, but the root issue is a race-condition.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Lighting Data asset is not created when baking multiple Scenes at the same time
- Performance issues when instantiating a recognizer under UnityEngine.Windows.Speech
- Build fails with "Exception: Unity.IL2CPP.Building.BuilderFailedException: Build failed with 0 successful nodes and 0 failed ones" when building the project for iOS
- [Android] .aab Build fails when using Asset Bundles
- Builds fail without a useful error message when building a project with invalid product name