Search Issue Tracker
[Quest 2] 2022.2 is slower than 2021.3 when built on Quest 2
1. Open Oculus Developer Hub, go to the Device Manager tab, and install OVR Metrics
2. Turn on Metrics Hud
3. Open the OVR Metrics tool on the Oculus device, and select “Basic” under Quick-set Enabled Stats
4. Open the user’s project
5. Build and run on the Oculus Quest device
6. Check GPU usage difference using OVR Metrics
Expected result: GPU usage difference is less than 5%
Actual result: GPU usage differs by more than 5%
version - GPU usage
2020.3.39f1 - 35%
2021.3.8f1 - 43%
2022.1.14f1 - 38%
2022.2.0b6 - 46%
2023.1.0a6 - 46%
Reproducible with devices:
VLNQA00379, Oculus (Quest 2), Android 10, CPU: Snapdragon XR2, GPU: Adreno (TM) 650
Windows 10 Pro 21H2
Thank you for reporting this issue. We are aware of it and have issued fixes which will appear in Unity 2021.3.9f1, 2022.2.0b7, and 2023.1.0a7. Public bug link is https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/product/unity/issues/guid/UUM-9423
Duplicate of https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/product/unity/issues/guid/UUM-9423
Jan 30, 2023 17:22
I too am still attached to the 2019.4 LTS version.
In my tests any later version has lower performance.
It is not understandable or admissible that later versions of Unity have worse performance on the target platforms (Quest in this case, although they also occur in other areas) as this would be the main measure of Unity's improvement, which hurts the most developers and what makes it difficult for them to move to new versions of Unity and use the new features, and I think they are the main problem that Unity should address, above new features, and even bug fixes.
Jan 18, 2023 08:47
Sep 28, 2022 18:06
Sep 20, 2022 08:38
NOT FIXED. THE "DUPLICATE" IS ALSO NOT FIXED.
Tested this myself yesterday. The issue still persists!
Unity Editor and Builds are noticeably slower in 2022 & 2023.
Sep 17, 2022 18:52
Sep 08, 2022 15:46
Same as everyone else!
Sep 05, 2022 20:49
I thought I was going crazy the last 2 months why my perf dropped from 72+ fps to 45-50. I even went so far as to recreate my project multiple times, incrementally changing values back to the original, to no avail. Changing from OpenGL to Vulkan got me about 5-10 FPS increase, but still well under the required 72 I used to have.
I'm using 2021.3.8f1.
Aug 30, 2022 13:59
I would put that this happens starting from 2020.2
where URP 10 was forced by default, introducing this performance drop
Aug 30, 2022 04:03
Unity, what the hell are you guys doing? You have no basic automated performance tests? It's amateur hour at Unity or what? Almost 50% performance loss is INSANE!
Aug 30, 2022 00:41
@Unity, take note this is affecting LTS 2021.3 and not just the newer beta / alpha versions.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Android] Text input field doesn't disappear when pressing "Enter" on the keyboard connected to a device and HideMobileInput is disabled
- WebGL Player flickers and logs warnings when viewport is resized and "Linear" Color Space is used
- Rigidbody recalculates its center of mass when moving its child Trigger Collider
- Sprites with different indexes than indicated in Text field of Label Inspector are being rendered
- VFX rendering a sphere when using a custom mesh
This is a duplicate of issue #UUM-9423