Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.3.11f1, 2023.1.14f1, 2023.2.0b10, 2023.3.0a2
[URP][XR] Performance degradation when comparing Android Quest 2 builds across 2020.3 and 2023.x
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open the attached user's project "PerfTest2020.zip"
2. Build the project to Quest 2 in 2020.3.47f1
3. Observe performance via OVRMetrics (GPU usage and stalled frames)
4. Build the project in 2023.1.0b12
5. Observe performance via OVRMetrics (GPU usage and stalled frames)
Expected results: performance is mostly the same across Unity versions on a Quest 2 with the same Scenes
Actual Results: performance degrades when building to Quest 2 in 2022.2 and above
Reproducible with: URP 10.10.1 - 16.0.1 (2020.3.47f1, 2021.3.22f1, 2022.2.15f1, 2023.1.0b12, 2023.2.0a10)
Reproducible with these devices:
VLNQA00415 - Oculus Quest 2 (Quest 2), CPU: Snapdragon XR2, GPU: Adreno 650, OS: 10
Environment: Windows 10 22H2
-Testing results are attached "IN-31610 performance results"
-Tested with OpenXR and OculusXR XR plugins, using different Render Modes, OpenGLES3 and Vulkan
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Building 3D Sample Scenes (URP) Project fails
- Alpha channel is disabled when Alpha Clip Threshold is set to 0
- The Physics 2D Profiler module does not display the information about processed physics in the scene when profiling the application as a Development Build
- A Script Component that has a serialized custom class is not detecting changes in the first boolean variable when entering the Play mode with the Script Components GameObject opened in the Inspector
- “SendMessage cannot be called during Awake“ warnings appear when loading a scene with “LoadSceneAsync“ if using UI Toolkit in the scene