Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.3.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X
[Package Manager] User Not Logged In error appears if the editor is launched with the My Assets tab open
If you launch the editor with the My Assets section of the Package Manager open, you'll receive the following log in the console once the asset list has been refreshed.
[PackageManager] Error User not logged in
The Package Manager will also display an error saying "Error fetching packages, see console". Manually refreshing the package list at this point will NOT clear the error, even though the package list refreshes correctly.
I cannot reproduce this on 2020.1, so looks 2019.3 specific.
1. Open Unity and create a new project
2. Ensure that the Package Manager window is open and is set to the My Assets Tab
3. Close the editor
4. Open the editor again and open the previous project
5. When the editor opens, wait for the Package Manager to refresh
The Package Manager completes the refresh process with no errors.
The Package Manager displays a User Not Logged In error even though the packages are refreshed correctly.
Tested on Windows 10.
Reproduced on 2019.3.0f5, 2019.3.0b2
Cannot reproduce on 2020.1.0a19, 2019.3.0a12
Blocked from testing on 2019.3.0b1
Sep 27, 2022 10:59
Sep 11, 2022 14:28
In my case Unity Hub login had no effect on Unity Package Manager. I had to do 'Window/Asset Store', and click "Sign In" on top-left corner in Asset Store window (It's an editor UI button, not in Asset Store web view). Then open "Package Manager/My Assets" and click "Refresh".
Sep 11, 2022 07:40
I got this message on 2021.3.9f1 - but eventually noticed I was in play mode, and discovered that just stopping the game seemed to fix the issue.
Aug 05, 2022 21:24
This is not fixed, but this comment works as a work around:
CONMANDOUGLASAPR 30, 2021 14:26
May 23, 2022 17:18
I got this error with Unity 2020.3.0f1.
The problem was solved using the technique from CONMANDOUGLAS below.
May 12, 2022 15:02
I am getting this error with Unity 2021.3.2f1
Apr 30, 2021 14:26
SOLUTION: I found a solution to the problem listed. Follow the steps below carefully
1. Close out of Unity project
2. Open Unity Hub, open Unity Hub settings, click 'Advanced', then click dropdown and select Production
3. Restart Unity Hub
4. Open Unity Hub and log out of account
5. Log back in to your account
6. Restart Unity Hub
7. Open your project
8. Open package manager (Window > Package Manager)
Mar 29, 2021 16:07
Maybe my issue is different, but hopefully this will help somebody. In my case, on macOS Catalina, I was unable to install Unity Editor via Unity Hub. But in order to use the Package Manager to install an asset I did...
1. run Unity Hub
2. add/locate my editor
3. sign in
4. re-open my project from the hub
Then Package Manager was signed in and worked. It seems really strange to allow installation of Unity separate from the hub with apparently no way to sign into package management--no way to import newly purchased assets--without the hub.
Mar 29, 2021 15:49
But in my case assets are not refreshed correctly. Refresh fails and says "[Package Manager Window] Error while getting product update details: User is not logged in or user status invalid.
UnityEditor.GenericMenu:CatchMenu (object,string,int) (at /Users/bokken/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/GUI/GenericMenu.cs:126)"
Mar 29, 2021 15:48
How is this fixed? I'm getting it on 2020.3.0. Is it possible to sign into asset management from the editor?
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Android] Text input field doesn't disappear when pressing "Enter" on the keyboard connected to a device and HideMobileInput is disabled
- WebGL Player flickers and logs warnings when viewport is resized and "Linear" Color Space is used
- Rigidbody recalculates its center of mass when moving its child Trigger Collider
- Sprites with different indexes than indicated in Text field of Label Inspector are being rendered
- VFX rendering a sphere when using a custom mesh
Resolution Note (fix version 2019.3):
Verified fixed on
Version 2019.4.6f1 (a7aea80e3716) Personal
Tue, 21 Jul 2020 18:49:45 GMT
Resolution Note (fix version 2019.4):
Version 2019.4.7f1 (e992b1a16e65) Personal
Wed, 29 Jul 2020 13:51:28 GMT