Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.3.8
[iOS] Audio with 'Streaming' Load Type does not play on some devices running iOS 10
If an Audio Clip has its Load Type set to 'Streaming' it does not play on some older devices running iOS 10.
Steps to reproduce:
1) Open the attached project (streamingTest_832578).
2) Build for iOS.
3) Run on a device via Xcode.
4) When the app launches, press any of the UI buttons on the screen.
A sound should be played, however it does not. An error message is displayed in the Xcode's console:
Error: Cannot create FMOD::Sound instance for resource resources.resource, (An error occured that wasn't supposed to. Contact support. )
It does not occur if the Load Type is set to 'Decompress On Load' or 'Compressed In Memory'. This only happens with iOS 10.
It seems that only older devices (like iPhone 5, iPad 4) are affected.
5.5.0b4, 5.4.1p1, 5.3.6p5, 5.3.5p6
Did not reproduce:
I was able to reproduce it on iPhone 5, running iOS 10.0.1
Devices running iOS 10 that did not reproduce:
iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad Mini 2, iPhone SE.
Other users reported that this is also reproducible on iPad 4th gen and iPhone 5C.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- The main loop is never scheduled in 2018.x when build starts in background
- EditorApplication.isPlaying value is true when calling it in OnDisable() and Entering Play Mode
- "Entering Playmode with Reload Domain disabled" log appears when Configurable Enter Play Mode is enabled and pressing Play
- [2D] [Lost Crypt Demo] null texture passed to GUI.DrawTexture warning when opening demo
- Editor freezes and silently crashes when an object with SerializeReference is assigned an object with System.Obsolete attribute