Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.3.8
[iOS] Audio with 'Streaming' Load Type does not play on some devices running iOS 10
If an Audio Clip has its Load Type set to 'Streaming' it does not play on some older devices running iOS 10.
Steps to reproduce:
1) Open the attached project (streamingTest_832578).
2) Build for iOS.
3) Run on a device via Xcode.
4) When the app launches, press any of the UI buttons on the screen.
A sound should be played, however it does not. An error message is displayed in the Xcode's console:
Error: Cannot create FMOD::Sound instance for resource resources.resource, (An error occured that wasn't supposed to. Contact support. )
It does not occur if the Load Type is set to 'Decompress On Load' or 'Compressed In Memory'. This only happens with iOS 10.
It seems that only older devices (like iPhone 5, iPad 4) are affected.
5.5.0b4, 5.4.1p1, 5.3.6p5, 5.3.5p6
Did not reproduce:
I was able to reproduce it on iPhone 5, running iOS 10.0.1
Devices running iOS 10 that did not reproduce:
iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad Mini 2, iPhone SE.
Other users reported that this is also reproducible on iPad 4th gen and iPhone 5C.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Realtime direct lighting is missing on dynamic objects under when using Shadowmask or Subtractive lighting mode(s)
- [Device Simulator] When simulator window is narrow, toolbar controls deform and some become inacessible
- Missing Lights when using Enlighten Realtime GI in HDRP
- .NETStandard 2.1 in the editor is missing System.Memory, System.Buffers at runtime
- [iOS] Multi Line Mobile Input Fields show transparent background when Dark Mode is enabled and no text is in the field