Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.3.7
Projects without audio stop the external audio sources on Android
1) Build user's attached project
2) Import any audio to device (or use app like Spotify, Soundcloud etc.)
3) Turn on music and launch built game
4) Notice that music stops playing
Regression from 5.3.4p6
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- The terrain appears darker when "Per-pixel Normal" is enabled
- [Linux] Editor assertion causes Test Runner to fail when executing it in Batch Mode
- Color selection by the mouse cursor is still enabled when the "Esc" button is pressed
- Game view becomes black and the Scene window becomes grey, “ArgumentOutOfRangeException” errors and “Render Pipeline error” warnings appear after changing the name or deleting URP/HDRP global settings file
- Transform Component is not accessible inside the Player when RuntimeInitializeOnLoadMethod is used
Jul 14, 2020 11:47
Kedi ve Köpek Mamaları www.patilimama.com
Mar 08, 2019 12:27
Still in 2018.3.3.f1
Feb 10, 2019 19:09
There was a regression, this error is still present on IOS. I created a blank project and when I launch my app while music is playing it is stopped when loading the application. I have the default project settings, (mute other audio sources is disabled, prepare ios for recording is disabled). On android there is no problem.
Jun 12, 2017 12:11
The fix for this issue is included in:
5.5 and higher
5.4.2p1 and higher
5.3.7p1 and higher
Jun 06, 2017 14:54
I am very sorry. Please neglect my last comment. It works (for) now.
Jun 06, 2017 14:41
This issue is also NOT fixed for me.
Ran into this problem today on Unity Version 5.4.2.
Updated to Version 5.6.1.
Tried everything: "Mute Other Audio Sources", "Disable Unity Audio", disabling all Audio Sources within my App. Nothing helps. Background music of other Apps is stopped right after Splash Screen.
May 04, 2017 13:47
Not fixed. Please mark this as not fixed so I can vote on it. It's a constant issue that is constantly in regression so stop marking it as fixed and then breaking it again so we can't vote on it
Mar 29, 2017 11:35
Mar 24, 2017 19:20
Still a problem on android 6.0.1
Feb 22, 2017 12:35
The audio reduction issue is causing a lot of grief. Multiple users are reviewing my game as 1 star, because they tend to listen to external music apps while playing it.
Is there any workaround, besides completely killing all audio prior to compiling your game?
Why are you reducing the sound at all? It is annoying users so much they go out of their way to blast you in reviews.