Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2018.3
Android builds fail with Java 9 JDK and Unable to list target platforms error
With the latest public versions of Unity (2017.1.1f1), Android Studio/SDK tools(26.0.2), and JDK (Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 9+181, mixed mode), Android builds failed early on with:
Error:Invalid command android
CommandInvokationFailure: Unable to list target platforms. Please make sure the android sdk path is correct.
See the Console for more details. Error building Player: CommandInvokationFailure: Unable to list
target platforms. Please make sure the android sdk path is correct. See the Console for more details.
A similar problem (same error message, but different cause) has been reported about 6 months ago: https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/issues/android-build-fails-when-the-latest-android-sdk-tools-25-dot-3-1-version-is-used
In my case, downgrading to JDK 8 fixed the problem.
2017.3.0b4, 2017.2.0f3, 2017.1.2f1, 5.6.3p4, 5.5.5f1
May 18, 2018
Unfortunately there are compatibility issues between JDK9 and JDK10 and Android SDK.
The bugs have been reported to Google, we are working on a full-featured fix.
As a workaround, for now please UNINSTALL JDK9/10 and INSTALL only JDK8 (64-bit).
We apologize for the inconvenience caused.
Feel free to check the status at the forums as well: https://forum.unity.com/threads/java-9-jdk-9-support-by-unity-android.499354/
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Absolute paths from included packages cannot be converted to virtual paths in Assets/Packages
- Crash in VCProvider when upgrading project from 18.3 to 19.1 and 19.2
- Android Vulkan corrupted rendering when there is no camera in the scene
- Creating mesh assets produces broken blendshapes
- Sort Order is not respected for a newly created Canvas until Play Mode is entered or any adjustments are made