Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2018.3
Android builds fail with Java 9 JDK and Unable to list target platforms error
With the latest public versions of Unity (2017.1.1f1), Android Studio/SDK tools(26.0.2), and JDK (Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 9+181, mixed mode), Android builds failed early on with:
Error:Invalid command android
CommandInvokationFailure: Unable to list target platforms. Please make sure the android sdk path is correct.
See the Console for more details. Error building Player: CommandInvokationFailure: Unable to list
target platforms. Please make sure the android sdk path is correct. See the Console for more details.
A similar problem (same error message, but different cause) has been reported about 6 months ago: https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/issues/android-build-fails-when-the-latest-android-sdk-tools-25-dot-3-1-version-is-used
In my case, downgrading to JDK 8 fixed the problem.
2017.3.0b4, 2017.2.0f3, 2017.1.2f1, 5.6.3p4, 5.5.5f1
May 18, 2018
Unfortunately there are compatibility issues between JDK9 and JDK10 and Android SDK.
The bugs have been reported to Google, we are working on a full-featured fix.
As a workaround, for now please UNINSTALL JDK9/10 and INSTALL only JDK8 (64-bit).
We apologize for the inconvenience caused.
Feel free to check the status at the forums as well: https://forum.unity.com/threads/java-9-jdk-9-support-by-unity-android.499354/
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [iOS][Editor]Legacy Launch Images iPhone 6.5 Landscape resolution mislabelled in Player Settings/Splash Image
- Memory leaks and Editor crashes/freezes when using decimal values in Gizmos
- Crash on PhysicsScene::ProcessTriggerEnterExits when splitting meshes that also exit a Trigger with OnTriggerExit
- "The page you were looking for doesn't exist" message appears when trying to Sign in using Unity Hub/Editor
- [Regression] Enviroment lighting is broken in the 2017.4.27f1 version