Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2018.3
[UWP] Memory leaks on .NET backend when calling Mesh.SetVertices(), Mesh.SetUVs(), Mesh.SetTriangles() methods
Steps to reproduce:
1. Download 1042218_repro.zip
2. Switch platform to UWP
3. In Project Settings set Scripting backend too .NET
4. Build project
5. Open solution in VS
6. Build project (Debug, x64, run on Local Machine)
6. Check Process memory in the Diagnostic Tools window
Expected results: memory usage doesn't increase over time.
Actual results: memory usage increase over time when UWP project is built with .NET backend.
Memory leak is caused by Mesh.SetVertices(), Mesh.SetUVs(), Mesh.SetTriangles().
Reproduced with: 2018.2.0b6, 2018.1.2f1, 2017.4.4f1, 2017.3.2f1, 2017.2.3p1, 2017.1.4f1
Workaround: switch Scripting backend in Project Setting to IL2CPP.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- EditorGUILayout.PropertyField does not work for Vector4
- Absolute paths from included packages cannot be converted to virtual paths in Assets/Packages
- Crash in VCProvider when upgrading project from 18.3 to 19.1 and 19.2
- Android Vulkan corrupted rendering when there is no camera in the scene
- Creating mesh assets produces broken blendshapes