Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.4.0
Unity fails to import .blend when Blender 2.77 is installed (Windows Only)
Steps to reproduce:
1. Install Blender 2.77 (http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Ref/Release_Notes/2.77)
2. Open blender and save already created cube as .blend file
3. Open Unity and create new project
4. Drag that .blend file to project window
5. When importing, blender stops responding and error is printed in Unity console:
Blender could not convert the .blend file to FBX file.
You need to use Blender 2.45-2.49 or 2.58 and later versions for direct Blender import to work.
Import attached "broken.blend" file but make sure that blender 2.77 is installed.
Workaround: export to fbx using blender and then import that fbx to Unity
Reproduced with: 5.1.4f1, 5.2.4f1, 5.3.3p3, 5.4.0b10
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Vulkan] Wrong aspect ratio in fullscreen of Standalone build when selected screen resolution is not native
- [iOS 12] [Metal] IOAF code 4 error freeze because of tessellation shader
- 'A tree couldn't be loaded because the prefab is missing' error is thrown when importing package with Terrain Asset with Trees
- [Mac] Crash on ioAccelResourceListAddNewGroupAndResource when importing a large COLLADA model
- Prefab referenced Game Object is not removed from the Scene files when the reference field gets deleted