Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.4.0
Unity fails to import .blend when Blender 2.77 is installed (Windows Only)
Steps to reproduce:
1. Install Blender 2.77 (http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Ref/Release_Notes/2.77)
2. Open blender and save already created cube as .blend file
3. Open Unity and create new project
4. Drag that .blend file to project window
5. When importing, blender stops responding and error is printed in Unity console:
Blender could not convert the .blend file to FBX file.
You need to use Blender 2.45-2.49 or 2.58 and later versions for direct Blender import to work.
Import attached "broken.blend" file but make sure that blender 2.77 is installed.
Workaround: export to fbx using blender and then import that fbx to Unity
Reproduced with: 5.1.4f1, 5.2.4f1, 5.3.3p3, 5.4.0b10
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- New animation clips are not imported correctly when re-importing a fbx file
- [PackMan] Extension in bottom bar disappears when using operations between UI generation and packman extension callbacks
- Editor freezes when recompiling scrips in Play Mode
- Shuriken particles depth offset is not working(has no affect) when 'Renderer Alignment' is set to 'View'
- [InputSystem] InputSystem is not initialized when run in `-batchmode`