Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 5.4.0
Unity fails to import .blend when Blender 2.77 is installed (Windows Only)
Steps to reproduce:
1. Install Blender 2.77 (http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Ref/Release_Notes/2.77)
2. Open blender and save already created cube as .blend file
3. Open Unity and create new project
4. Drag that .blend file to project window
5. When importing, blender stops responding and error is printed in Unity console:
Blender could not convert the .blend file to FBX file.
You need to use Blender 2.45-2.49 or 2.58 and later versions for direct Blender import to work.
Import attached "broken.blend" file but make sure that blender 2.77 is installed.
Workaround: export to fbx using blender and then import that fbx to Unity
Reproduced with: 5.1.4f1, 5.2.4f1, 5.3.3p3, 5.4.0b10
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [iOS][Editor]Legacy Launch Images iPhone 6.5 Landscape resolution mislabelled in Player Settings/Splash Image
- Memory leaks and Editor crashes/freezes when using decimal values in Gizmos
- Crash on PhysicsScene::ProcessTriggerEnterExits when splitting meshes that also exit a Trigger with OnTriggerExit
- "The page you were looking for doesn't exist" message appears when trying to Sign in using Unity Hub/Editor
- [Regression] Enviroment lighting is broken in the 2017.4.27f1 version