Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.4.0
Unity fails to import .blend when Blender 2.77 is installed (Windows Only)
Steps to reproduce:
1. Install Blender 2.77 (http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Ref/Release_Notes/2.77)
2. Open blender and save already created cube as .blend file
3. Open Unity and create new project
4. Drag that .blend file to project window
5. When importing, blender stops responding and error is printed in Unity console:
Blender could not convert the .blend file to FBX file.
You need to use Blender 2.45-2.49 or 2.58 and later versions for direct Blender import to work.
Import attached "broken.blend" file but make sure that blender 2.77 is installed.
Workaround: export to fbx using blender and then import that fbx to Unity
Reproduced with: 5.1.4f1, 5.2.4f1, 5.3.3p3, 5.4.0b10
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Object references are not loaded after you git checkout to another branch
- Only one of multiple copies of the same StateMachineBehaviour script is visible when added to the Animation state
- [XR][Vulkan][Oculus] Crash in hybrid renderer BeginRenderPass
- [Mobile]Dynamic batching is not working when working with sub mesh on a mobile device
- [Hub] Warning pop-up contains <strong></strong> when attempting to add a project to the list of projects while it's already open