Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.4.0
Unity fails to import .blend when Blender 2.77 is installed (Windows Only)
Steps to reproduce:
1. Install Blender 2.77 (http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Ref/Release_Notes/2.77)
2. Open blender and save already created cube as .blend file
3. Open Unity and create new project
4. Drag that .blend file to project window
5. When importing, blender stops responding and error is printed in Unity console:
Blender could not convert the .blend file to FBX file.
You need to use Blender 2.45-2.49 or 2.58 and later versions for direct Blender import to work.
Import attached "broken.blend" file but make sure that blender 2.77 is installed.
Workaround: export to fbx using blender and then import that fbx to Unity
Reproduced with: 5.1.4f1, 5.2.4f1, 5.3.3p3, 5.4.0b10
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [PLM] Lightmap directionality appears differently during vs. completed bake
- Styling issues in the app toolbar
- Editor game view mouse input stop working after game window has been moved in play mode
- Perforce integration - Attempting to add a P4Ignore ignored file does nothing
- URP ScriptableObject SerializeField value set to default during the first Import