Search Issue Tracker
Duplicate in 2019.3
Unity Events that have arguments cannot be used anymore
1. Add a "Slider" component to the scene.
2. Select it and check its "On Value Changed" event property.
3. See that it has no argument and no method that takes a float can be assigned to it.
This has been found in 2019.3.0b1. The problem is not present in 2019.1. 2019.2 has not been checked.
The problem seems to appear for all UnityEvents that take arguments. If it does, the argument does not appear in the inspector, any existing method on it will appear as "missing", and no new method with the right signature (e.g. expecting a float) can be assigned.
Note that this is not exclusive to uGUI. Any use of UnityEvent anywhere will exhibit the same problem.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- VFX Graph not retaining reference to custom spawner
- Call Stacks - Calls to/Calls From - Temporarily revert to None upon Play Mode starting
- [URP] Blend Style panel is translucent and appears to be of different colour
- ProjectFilesGenerator.ProjectFileGeneration event isn't raised
- [Asset Import] Errors thrown on creating a project using microgame templates