Search Issue Tracker
Duplicate in 2019.3.X
Unity Events that have arguments cannot be used anymore
1. Add a "Slider" component to the scene.
2. Select it and check its "On Value Changed" event property.
3. See that it has no argument and no method that takes a float can be assigned to it.
This has been found in 2019.3.0b1. The problem is not present in 2019.1. 2019.2 has not been checked.
The problem seems to appear for all UnityEvents that take arguments. If it does, the argument does not appear in the inspector, any existing method on it will appear as "missing", and no new method with the right signature (e.g. expecting a float) can be assigned.
Note that this is not exclusive to uGUI. Any use of UnityEvent anywhere will exhibit the same problem.
Resolution Note (2020.1.X):
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- TreeView Child display toggle styling becomes reversed when clicking and dragging it
- Null is returned when using FocusOutEvent.relatedTarget
- Unity_BaseInstanceID is always zero when rendering multiple meshes and instancing with the same buffer
- UI Document button's text does not resize relatively when size in percentage (%) is used
- Event.current.mousePosition has an offset of 1px along the y-axis in WebGL build when the mouse button is released
This is a duplicate of issue #1178687