Search Issue Tracker
Duplicate in 2019.3
Unity Events that have arguments cannot be used anymore
1. Add a "Slider" component to the scene.
2. Select it and check its "On Value Changed" event property.
3. See that it has no argument and no method that takes a float can be assigned to it.
This has been found in 2019.3.0b1. The problem is not present in 2019.1. 2019.2 has not been checked.
The problem seems to appear for all UnityEvents that take arguments. If it does, the argument does not appear in the inspector, any existing method on it will appear as "missing", and no new method with the right signature (e.g. expecting a float) can be assigned.
Note that this is not exclusive to uGUI. Any use of UnityEvent anywhere will exhibit the same problem.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Particle System] Editor freezes when assigning a nested Particle System in the Sub Emitter Module
- Unable to switch to different material when selecting another material from Asset selector window on Particle System Material
- [UI] Float type parameter in the Animator Controller displays 0.0 after being changed to a value <0.05
- Inspector displaying wrong characters when using ANSI encoding and non latin characters in a Shader property
- Error in console when using the progress bar API along with Texture compression