Search Issue Tracker
Duplicate in 2019.3.X
Unity Events that have arguments cannot be used anymore
1. Add a "Slider" component to the scene.
2. Select it and check its "On Value Changed" event property.
3. See that it has no argument and no method that takes a float can be assigned to it.
This has been found in 2019.3.0b1. The problem is not present in 2019.1. 2019.2 has not been checked.
The problem seems to appear for all UnityEvents that take arguments. If it does, the argument does not appear in the inspector, any existing method on it will appear as "missing", and no new method with the right signature (e.g. expecting a float) can be assigned.
Note that this is not exclusive to uGUI. Any use of UnityEvent anywhere will exhibit the same problem.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Assertion triggered when using Compile and show code button in Shader inspector
- Wrong elements are selected when holding shift and selecting Game Objects in the Scene Hierarchy
- "Unknown managed type referenced" error is thrown on Play Mode enter with Profiler recording
- CapsuleCast won't detect a hit with a mesh, if the direction happens to be along a face
- ShaderUtil.GetShaderData(shader).SubshaderCount does not count unsupported subshader