Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.3.9f1
UI Elements are no longer rendered when deactivating and reactivating the Parent GameObject
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project “CanvasBug”
2. Open the “SampleScene” Scene
3. Deactivate and reactivate “Canvas” GameObject
4. Observe the Scene View
Expected result: The UI Elements are rendered
Actual result: The UI Elements are not rendered
Reproduced with: 2021.3.6f1
Not reproduced with: 2020.3.36f1, 2021.3.5f1, 2022.1.9f1, 2022.2.0b1, 2023.1.0a3
Reproduced on: Windows 11 Pro, macOS Monterey 12.4 (M1)
Mar 17, 2023 14:55
Still broken in builds on Unity 2021.3.16 through 2021.3.21 LTS. What a pain!
Oct 27, 2022 08:12
Not resolved in 2021.3.12f1
Oct 27, 2022 08:12
Not resolved in 2021.3.1121
Oct 14, 2022 15:41
Not resolved in 2021.3.11f1
Oct 04, 2022 14:34
Still totally broken for us in 2023.9. Tried .11 but still the same. Rollbacked to .5, everything's working fine. There is definitively more stuff with this issue, not everything is fixed.
Sep 02, 2022 23:25
I confirm that it is resolved in 2021.3.9
Sep 01, 2022 19:31
Was getting this in 2021.3.8, it does indeed seem to be resolved in 2021.3.9.
Aug 28, 2022 03:02
This is definitely NOT fixed!
Aug 24, 2022 10:06
Just spent 3 hours making video and uploading my entire project for bug reporting twice, because of this bug. And I didn't know it was already being addressed. It is hard to find such duplicate case in the jungle of issuetracker so if something like this major critical bug exist, it should be pinned at the top of the relevant forum site on Unity ( UGUI&TextMeshPro) So......... Frustrating!
Aug 24, 2022 06:37
Come on Unity! This is a shit show!
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- "ArgumentNullException" error in the Console when selecting certain ScriptableObjects and entering Play Mode
- Configurable joints become bouncier when setting "Bounciness" below 1
- Prefabs get corrupted when editing Particle System curves
- Colors on images become darker when enabling "Vertex Color Always in Gamma Color Space"
- Pausing a Visual Effect doesn't pause the “Multiply size over life” effect in the Update Block
Resolution Note (fix version 2021.3.9f1):
uGUI: When disabling a canvas and reenabling it, Canvas now renders correctly.