Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
Fixed in 2021.2.X
TLS Allocator ALLOC_TEMP_TLS error is thrown when dragging GameObject from Editor Window
1. Open the user's attached project
2. Open the "SampleScene" Scene
3. Open the "Test Editor Window" from the menu bar
4. Attempt to drag a prefab by dragging the "Drag Me" button onto the Scene view and observe the Console
Expected result: no errors or warnings are shown
Actual result: 1 error and 2 warnings are shown
Reproducible with: 2021.2.0a17, 2021.2.0b13, 2022.1.0a10
Not reproducible with: 2021.2.0a16, 2020.3.19f1, 2021.1.22f1, 2021.2.0a16
Could not test with: 2019.4.30f1 and below (NullReferenceException error)
Error and warnings:
1. TLS Allocator ALLOC_TEMP_TLS, underlying allocator ALLOC_TEMP_MAIN has unfreed allocations, size 27
2. Internal: Stack allocator ALLOC_TEMP_MAIN has unfreed allocations, size 27
3. To Debug, enable the define: DEBUG_STACK_LEAK in StackAllocator.h. This will output the callstacks of the leaked allocations
Dec 06, 2022 09:49
I am still facing this issue in unity 2020.3.40f1 .. I can just hope one day unity will resolve issues and give us bug free Tool.
Jun 02, 2022 12:37
Confirmed issue in 2021.2.9f
Feb 28, 2022 17:22
Got this issue (first case in listing) in version 2021.2.13f1
Feb 20, 2022 21:27
Got this error randomly last week on version 2021.2.8f1. It happened whenever I clicked on my terrain game object. Tried Edit -> Preferences -> External Tools -> Regenerate project files. Stopped happening after clicking on my terrain object, but instead started happening after going in and out of play mode. Couldn't fix it so I started my project again on version 2020.3.28f1 (Wanted to be safe since it is LTS). Just got the same error. This time happened after I created a new tag. Restarting Unity fixes it but whenever I want to create a new tag for an object, I get this error. So no, it is not fixed.
Jan 27, 2022 21:38
Confirm still an issue with 2021.2.8f1.
Jan 26, 2022 10:53
EDIT: Unity 2021.2.7
Jan 26, 2022 10:52
Same issue, connected somehow to Unity Terrain. I have a scene with a terrain imported from World Creator, the problem happens after I exit from Play mode.
Jan 21, 2022 04:58
Definitely not fixed - this bug is coming up in various situations right now, quite frustrating.
Jan 17, 2022 21:47
Unity 2021.2.8f1 still not fixed..
Jan 16, 2022 22:09
Hello, I am also seeing this after creating a river with "R.A.M 2019 - River Auto Material 2019" from the Asset Store in the URP Pipeline Project and Unity 2021.2.8f1.
All the Best
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Sprite Preview is broken when the Sprite is too tall or too wide
- Objects are invisible in Scene view when using Wireframe Shading Mode
- The property of a component becomes read-only when it is bound to "PropertyStreamHandle"
- Physics.Raycast does not work when used on the whole model
- Shader Graph changes the Position of Prefab instances in Play mode
Resolution Note (fix version 2022.1):
Fixed in 2022.1.0a13
Resolution Note (fix version 2021.2):
Fixed in 2021.2.2f1