Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2017.3.0f3
[Timeline] Prefab loses a track in timeline when it's instantiated from Asset Bundle
1. Open project attached by the user
2. Build asset bundle in project window (right mouse click -> Build Asset Bundles)
3. Open "Source" scene in Source folder
4. Hit play and notice that prefab changes its Y position
5. Open scene "Player" in Player folder
6. Hit play and notice that the same prefab instantiated from Asset Bundle remains still
7. Open timeline editor and notice that there is no track for instantiated prefab
Expected: Prefab instantiated from Asset Bundle should behave exactly the same as prefab which was manually placed to the scene.
Actual: Prefab instantiated from Asset Bundle looses its track in the timeline.
Reproduced with: 2017.1.0b1, 2017.1.0f3, 2017.2.0b2
Note: Instantiating prefab via script with Instantiate() method works as intended.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Quest 2] Running Entities Graphics/BatchRendererGroup under Vulkan results in a frame rate drop compared to OpenGLES 3 and causes Tile Binning to cost more
- Filters dropdown: Window doesn't rescale on items collapse
- Sprite Preview is broken when the Sprite is too tall or too wide
- Objects are invisible in Scene view when using Wireframe Shading Mode
- Physics.Raycast does not work when used on the whole model
Aug 30, 2018 20:15
This fix landed in Unity 2017.4, I suggest using that version due to is our LTS version at this moment.
Jan 20, 2018 08:25
When will patches for Unity 2017.1 be released?
Aug 31, 2017 19:30
What editor version is this fixed in?