Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
Fixed in 2021.2.X
The first Keyboard Input is Ignored and stored for later when renaming Assets causing all Keyboard Inputs to become mixed
1. Download the attached project "New Unity Project.zip" and open it in Unity
2. In Project view create a Folder or another Asset
3. Try to change its name
Expected Results: You can easily change Asset name and Unity Editor correctly detects Keyboard Input
Actual Results: First Keyboard Input is Ignored and Stored for later causing Asset renaming to become mixed
- This issue only happens on macOS systems
- For example, if you press the "L" key on Keyboard, it becomes ignored, then if you press another Key like the "Delete", in Unity Editor you can see that the "L" symbol is printed, then you can press for example the "A" key and observe that the "L" symbol is deleted and if you press then Key like the "T" or another key, you can see that the "A" symbol is printed.
- Its sounds like the first Input is ignored and stored for later causing all Keyboard Inputs to become mixed
Reproducible on Unity 2021.2.0b17 and 2022.1.0a13
Not reproducible on Unity 2021.1.27f1, 2021.2.0b16 and 2022.1.0a12
Regression on Unity 2021.2.0b17 and 2022.1.0a13
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Shader warnings are thrown when creating a new empty 3D HDRP project
- Crash on tlsf_free when exiting the Play mode in a specific project
- Advanced Object Picker switches to Classic with Error "Exception caught with search engine (Object Selector)Advanced" when opening multiple Object Picker windows
- The "secondary" touchpoint reverts to the previous position when the "primary" touchpoint is released and re-engaged on WebGL applications
- GameObject with Visual Effect Graph Component is blooming when the VFX Graph Color is set to "0" and Alpha is set "1"