Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 4.5.3
"Run in Background" does not work for fullscreen
1. Open attached project
2. Go to player settings. Make sure "Run In Background" is enabled
3. Include the test scene and build&run
4. Select full screen. You'll notice a counter that goes up
5. Alt-tab and wait for a minute or two. Return to the game - the timer wasn't increasing in the background
Regression since Version 4.2.2f1
Note: This is specific to Direct3D 9. Enabling Direct3D 11 in the player settings will work around the issue. There will be a patch release for 4.5 with a fix shortly (http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/unity-patch-releases.246198/)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Windows] UnityPluginLoad is not called when the Native plug-in is embedded
- Layout is not rendered when Prefab is opened in context mode after upgrading the project
- Crash on RaiseException when calling MethodInfo.Invoke in an obfuscated DLL
- Animator Parameter values reset and cannot be changed after setting a Curve on an AnimationClip
- ArgumentException is thrown when a "None" value is passed to a GameObject property via UnityEvent
Jan 13, 2022 11:56
Still the same issue in 2021.1.28f1
Please fix this ASAP !!!
Aug 18, 2020 09:35
good one <a href="https://www.lyricsauto.com">lyricsauto</a>
Apr 03, 2015 05:46
I'm having this issue in Unity 5.0.0f4
Sep 14, 2014 16:18
Aug 15, 2014 03:34
@GC67: I'm using 4.5.3p1 and am not noticing that.
Aug 02, 2014 19:46
This is "fixed" as of 4.5.2p2 but now the Unity game window won't give up focus when u alt-tab or try to switch to another application. Anybody else noticing this? I feel like they fixed the background bug by not letting the app go into the background...
Jul 24, 2014 05:32
THERE IS HOPE :P
I had a chat with Kaspar one of our graphics programmers, and we hope to have it fixed in 4.5.3
Jul 22, 2014 02:24
Alright, this is ridiculous. Fuck Unity. I'm going to use UE4.
Jul 11, 2014 05:20
I just realized this says Severity: 2.. I'm not sure what the scale is for this.. But it seems like this should be WAY higher than 2!
This is literally destroying every online game ever. There may as well not be networking capability with Unity if this bug isn't fixed.
Jul 10, 2014 09:47
Can you give us any estimate when this bug will be fixed, This is game breaker for any networked game. Is there any way (paid support ?) to increase priority for it ? Are there any "work arounds' which can be done on the application site (ex. via native plugin) which will prevent application from pausing in the background ? Any Ideas ?