Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.3.X
Fixed in 2019.1.X
Prefab's references are lost when modifying prefab
How to reproduce:
1. Open attached "PrefabReferenceLostRepro.zip" project
2. Go to Assets -> Scenes and open 'SampleScene'
3. Click on 'Spawner' and call 'Log' in the ContextMenu in the Inspector
4. Observe the Console
5. Go to Assets, open Enemy in Prefab Mode and edit it (e.g. change the position)
6. Repeat 3, 4 steps
Expected result: Console returns 'Enemy(Enemy)'
Actual result: Console returns 'null'
Reproducible: 2018.3.2f1, 2019.1.0a14, 2019.2.0a1
Not reproducible: 2017.3.0a1, 2017.4.18f1, 2018.3.0a11
Fixed in: 2018.3.6f1, 2019.1.0b4, 2019.2.0a6
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Input Field ignores first keyboard input when calling Focus() from code
- GC Alloc when using Graphics.RenderMeshInstanced
- [VFX Graph][URP] VFX crashes on URP when dragging VFX asset to the Hierarchy window
- InvalidOperationException when using AsyncGPUReadback.RequestIntoNativeArray
- Generated Entities look different when Depth Priming Mode is changed
Apr 30, 2022 18:11
Still an issue in 2020.3.16f1
Jan 08, 2021 10:51
Dec 30, 2020 08:12
Hey, I have the same problem in Unity 2020.1.14f1
Dec 12, 2020 15:57
I'm still having this issues too...
Nov 03, 2020 17:35
Yes. Unity, please RE-OPEN this issue. Its still not resolved in all of the 2019 & 2020 versions and has routinely messed up my projects and prefabs to no avail.
Oct 30, 2020 16:40
This is a constant problem for us. We've needed to write a tool that reimports every prefab in the project periodically to keep from getting lots of NREs when running the game. This is not a reliable solution and we need to be confident that Unity handles prefabs correctly.
We're seeing this behavior in 2019.3.13f1 and all the 2019.4 versions we've tried.
Sep 21, 2020 19:03
Apr 30, 2020 15:52
Why is this marked as fixed? Who can I vote to reopen?
Apr 29, 2020 08:03
happens in 2019.3.11f1.
Apr 17, 2020 23:38
2019.3.9f1: losing references to manually assigned `[SerializeField]` List<GameObject> elements on build