Search Issue Tracker
Prefab instance changes are reverted when FormerlySerializedAs is applied in a class in a nondefault Namespace
How to reproduce:
1. Download and open the attached project "1183879.zip"
2. Inspect TestField values set to PrefabNamespace Asset and instance in the scene
3. Open Player settings window (Edit -> Project Settings -> Player)
4. Add scripting define symbol "FORMERLY_SERIALIZED_AS" in Player window
5. Reimport the PrefabNamespace Asset
6. Inspect the PrefabNamespace instance
Expected result: Prefab instances TestField value remains as set
Actual result: Prefab instances TestField value reverts to a value set in Prefab Asset
Reproducible with: 2018.3.0b7, 2018.4.10f1, 2019.1.0a6, 2019.1.14f1, 2019.2.7f2, 2019.3.0b4, 2020.1.0a5
Not reproducible with: 2017.4.32f1, 2018.3.0b6, 2019.1.0a5
The issue is reproducible with Prefab Variants as well.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [OSX] Editor windows flicker in Play Mode when dragging and docking windows with Metal Editor Support enabled
- Popup Window propagates input in its calling Window underneath and all other Windows
- [XR] Vulkan graphics device lacks support for additional graphics queue when using Oculus XR provider
- [TransformTool] Shift rotate always reset the rotation value when used
- Editor stops repainting and throws exceptions when creating new Scene inside AssetDatabase.StartAssetEditing()