Search Issue Tracker
GameObject disappears and Prefab inherits its Components when Prefab is identically named and has unapplied Component
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached "case_1149316.zip" Unity project
2. Open the "Parent" Prefab Variant in Prefab Mode
3. Swap the order of the GameObject and the Prefab in the "Parent" Prefab Variant
4. Save the "Parent" Prefab Variant and re-open it in Prefab Mode
Expected result: "Child" Prefab and "Child" GameObject remain in the "Parent" Prefab hierarchy
Actual result: "Child" GameObject disappears and its Components merge with the "Child" Prefab Components
Reproducible with: 2018.3.14f1, 2019.1.0f2, 2019.2.0a13, 2019.2.0a2
Not reproducible with: 2018.3.11f1, 2018.4.0f1, 2019.3.0a3, 2019.1.0b9, 2019.1.0f1, 2019.2.0a9
1. The issue is reproducible when the child GameObject is above the child Prefab inside a Prefab Variant, the child Prefab has an unapplied Component, and both the child GameObject and the child Prefab have identical names. Not reproducible on 2018.4.0f1 and 2019.1.0f1 versions.
2. The issue has been fixed in 2019.3.0a3
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Mouse inputs cannot be inputted when searching the Shortcuts Menu by type "Shortcut"
- "Debug Assertion Failed!" error when launching Windows Dedicated Server Player with Script Debugging enabled
- [Cinematic Studio][3D HDRP] Shader warnings thrown in the Console window when creating a new project with Cinematic Studio template
- Autoplay is triggered on Audio Assets when changing Asset Bundle tags
- Inspector Asset Bundle section has no indication for Variants, AssetBundle is written without a space, and Variant dropdown menu is available without setting the Asset Bundle first