Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.2
Fixed in 2017.4, 2018.1
Microphone.start is not recording the audio from selected recording device
1. Have two microphones connected. In Windows, open Sound, Recording, change the default recording device to Microphone1, copy the name of Microphone2
2. In Unity, open user's project, scene TestScene
3. Open script "ED_MicrophoneTest", line 58 (Microphone.Start function)
4. Change Microphone.Start() parameters to Microphone.Start("Your Microphone2 name" + " ", true, 1, maxFreq);
5. Enter play mode, try speaking into Microphone2
Expected: Unity's AudioSource records Microphone2 sounds
Actual: Unity's AudioSource records Microphone1 sounds
Reproduced in: 2017.2.0b11, 2017.2.0p1, 2017.3.0b7, 2018.1.0a2
Not Reproduced in: 5.6.5f1, 2017.1.3f1, 2017.2.0b10
Note: for an easier understanding, changing microphones' names in Windows could help
Note: check image for guides on microphone setup
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- New animation clips are not imported correctly when re-importing a fbx file
- Editor freezes when recompiling scrips in Play Mode
- Shuriken particles depth offset is not working(has no affect) when 'Renderer Alignment' is set to 'View'
- [InputSystem] InputSystem is not initialized when run in `-batchmode`
- Assertion failed on expression: 'rs->textureID == realRS->textureID'