Search Issue Tracker
Metadata file of imported FBX has excessive space usage when BlendShapes and normals are imported from FBX
Reproduces on Mac and Windows10
1. Open user's attached project "618586-BlendShapes.zip"
2. In project window, find "2017 Male" FBX
3. In Inspector window, make sure the FBX settings are set as following: "Normals: Import", "Blend Shape Normal: Import"
4. In project root folder, go to "/Library/metadata/af/ and check the size of "af41c0bf58c294a46929fdba0cace4d3"
Expected: metadata files with imported BlendShapes and normals have similar sizes to the rest of the settings variations
Actual: metadata files with imported BlendShapes and normals have are significantly larger in size (2x)
Reproduced in: 2018.3.0a1, 2018.3.7f1, 2019.1.0b4, 2019.2.0a6
Not reproduced in: 2017.4.21f1
Note1: does not reproduce on LTS as the separate feature for BlendShapes was not present
Note2: other combinations of BlendShapes and Normals produce similar to each other results: 60-70 mb sized meta file
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- 'Can't add script' pop-up warns about abstract classes when dragging static classes onto GameObjects
- [Hub] Project "Remove from list" option is behind notifications when selecting the most bottom project in the list
- [Android][Vulkan] Black Screen renders on devices with Adreno 640 and Mali GPU's
- Sound/Audio is played when the VideoPlayer's attached AudioSource game object is disabled
- A Parser Failure error is thrown after importing a specific Animation file to a Unity project