Search Issue Tracker
Metadata file of imported FBX has excessive space usage when BlendShapes and normals are imported from FBX
Reproduces on Mac and Windows10
1. Open user's attached project "618586-BlendShapes.zip"
2. In project window, find "2017 Male" FBX
3. In Inspector window, make sure the FBX settings are set as following: "Normals: Import", "Blend Shape Normal: Import"
4. In project root folder, go to "/Library/metadata/af/ and check the size of "af41c0bf58c294a46929fdba0cace4d3"
Expected: metadata files with imported BlendShapes and normals have similar sizes to the rest of the settings variations
Actual: metadata files with imported BlendShapes and normals have are significantly larger in size (2x)
Reproduced in: 2018.3.0a1, 2018.3.7f1, 2019.1.0b4, 2019.2.0a6
Not reproduced in: 2017.4.21f1
Note1: does not reproduce on LTS as the separate feature for BlendShapes was not present
Note2: other combinations of BlendShapes and Normals produce similar to each other results: 60-70 mb sized meta file
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Handles.Button doesn't allow camera rotation when mouse hovering over the button
- Animator Blend Tree throws warnings when typing a decimal value to Animation Speed field
- Any Shader's Help/Reference button in the top-most Inspector component links to missing documentation page
- ParticleSystemRenderer BakeTrailsMesh produces a trail mesh with additional tail vertices which lead to a pivot of the object
- Profiler's Raw Hierarchy/Timeline toolbar/panel cannot be resized when the Profiler window is resized and high resolution / DPI