Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 4.3.4
Maverick and Unity performance issues
On some Mac's with OS X 10.9 Unity performance is very bad, including stuttering, editor freezes, editor lags and similar.
We found that there seems to be a leak in Maverick's OpenGL ARB VBO implementation.
Our text rendering creates and destroys a lot of VBO's so it is most likely that this happened after around 10 minutes of working with Unity and the inspector or other text heavy components in unity uploading a lot of geometry.
Terrains will be especially affected, but of course just loading a scene / unloading a scene will load / unload VBO's for all the meshes too.
This issue has been fixed with a workaround in 4.3.4. We are working with Apple to get a proper fix done, at which point we will be able to remove the workaround.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- FP32 is used for a temporary when compiling a shader for GLES or Vulkan
- The highlight that was created with Highlighter.Highlight does not disappear when the window is closed with the element
- [URP] CommandBuffer warnings thrown while debugging Depth Overlays with Post-processing enabled in Rendering Debugger
- hlslcc: float image atomics don’t work
- [Apple silicon][M1] Game view FPS is very low when the view is moved to an external display