Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.1
[MacOS] No error is thrown on Metal Graphics API when shader texture/sampler is mismatched
1. Open attached project "shader_error"
2. In the Project window, select "UnrecognizedSamplerErrorNotReportedOnMetal"
3. In the Inspector, press "Compile and show code"
Expected result: Unrecognized sampler error is thrown
Actual result: No errors are thrown
Reproducible with: 2017.4.36f1, 2018.4.16f1, 2019.2.19f1, 2019.3.0f5, 2020.1.0a20
Reproducible with MacOS (Metal Graphics API)
Not reproducible with Windows (DirectX, Vulkan Graphics APIs)
Error that should appear:
Shader error in 'Unlit/UnrecognizedSamplerErrorNotReportedOnMetal': Fragment program 'frag': Unrecognized sampler 'sampler_unusedtex' - does not match any texture and is not a recognized inline name (should contain filter and wrap modes).
at line 12 (on d3d11)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- NullReferenceException when selecting a Dropdown Component override in the Prefab Overrides menu for the second time
- USS variables are broken on IOS
- Crash when project is reopened or upgraded
- Hub doesn't install windows 10 sdk properly
- Crash building for iOS after canceling a build