Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.1.X
[MacOS] No error is thrown on Metal Graphics API when shader texture/sampler is mismatched
1. Open attached project "shader_error"
2. In the Project window, select "UnrecognizedSamplerErrorNotReportedOnMetal"
3. In the Inspector, press "Compile and show code"
Expected result: Unrecognized sampler error is thrown
Actual result: No errors are thrown
Reproducible with: 2017.4.36f1, 2018.4.16f1, 2019.2.19f1, 2019.3.0f5, 2020.1.0a20
Reproducible with MacOS (Metal Graphics API)
Not reproducible with Windows (DirectX, Vulkan Graphics APIs)
Error that should appear:
Shader error in 'Unlit/UnrecognizedSamplerErrorNotReportedOnMetal': Fragment program 'frag': Unrecognized sampler 'sampler_unusedtex' - does not match any texture and is not a recognized inline name (should contain filter and wrap modes).
at line 12 (on d3d11)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Android] APP becomes unresponsive and crashes with ANR errors
- Replace no longer replaces when using incremental pipeline
- [LightProbes] Individual light probe gizmos are no longer visible
- Superluminal fails to resolve symbols after mono upgrade
- Terrain Trees snap to random rotations when using a mixture of GPU Instancing and moving the Camera in Play Mode