Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.1.X
[MacOS] No error is thrown on Metal Graphics API when shader texture/sampler is mismatched
1. Open attached project "shader_error"
2. In the Project window, select "UnrecognizedSamplerErrorNotReportedOnMetal"
3. In the Inspector, press "Compile and show code"
Expected result: Unrecognized sampler error is thrown
Actual result: No errors are thrown
Reproducible with: 2017.4.36f1, 2018.4.16f1, 2019.2.19f1, 2019.3.0f5, 2020.1.0a20
Reproducible with MacOS (Metal Graphics API)
Not reproducible with Windows (DirectX, Vulkan Graphics APIs)
Error that should appear:
Shader error in 'Unlit/UnrecognizedSamplerErrorNotReportedOnMetal': Fragment program 'frag': Unrecognized sampler 'sampler_unusedtex' - does not match any texture and is not a recognized inline name (should contain filter and wrap modes).
at line 12 (on d3d11)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Dropdown menu covers the button when there is no space for it from below
- WebCamDevice only returns one rear-facing camera when built on Android
- Reimporting a Scripted Importer Asset when Profiler is recording will make it null
- Crash on CachedWriter::Write when building a project that has access to files being denied
- Lego tutorial does not continue when text fields are updated