Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.1.X
[MacOS] No error is thrown on Metal Graphics API when shader texture/sampler is mismatched
1. Open attached project "shader_error"
2. In the Project window, select "UnrecognizedSamplerErrorNotReportedOnMetal"
3. In the Inspector, press "Compile and show code"
Expected result: Unrecognized sampler error is thrown
Actual result: No errors are thrown
Reproducible with: 2017.4.36f1, 2018.4.16f1, 2019.2.19f1, 2019.3.0f5, 2020.1.0a20
Reproducible with MacOS (Metal Graphics API)
Not reproducible with Windows (DirectX, Vulkan Graphics APIs)
Error that should appear:
Shader error in 'Unlit/UnrecognizedSamplerErrorNotReportedOnMetal': Fragment program 'frag': Unrecognized sampler 'sampler_unusedtex' - does not match any texture and is not a recognized inline name (should contain filter and wrap modes).
at line 12 (on d3d11)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Shader variants take too much memory at runtime
- [HDRP][VFX] Output mesh with default shader is incorrectly sorted before the HDRP fog
- Error "'GamepadSpeakerOutputType' does not exist in the namespace 'UnityEngine'" occurs in the Console when building a project
- [M1][Rosetta] Crackling sound when Editor is compiling
- Large delay on SoundHandle.Instance.Destructor when disabling AudioSource