Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.1.X
[MacOS] No error is thrown on Metal Graphics API when shader texture/sampler is mismatched
1. Open attached project "shader_error"
2. In the Project window, select "UnrecognizedSamplerErrorNotReportedOnMetal"
3. In the Inspector, press "Compile and show code"
Expected result: Unrecognized sampler error is thrown
Actual result: No errors are thrown
Reproducible with: 2017.4.36f1, 2018.4.16f1, 2019.2.19f1, 2019.3.0f5, 2020.1.0a20
Reproducible with MacOS (Metal Graphics API)
Not reproducible with Windows (DirectX, Vulkan Graphics APIs)
Error that should appear:
Shader error in 'Unlit/UnrecognizedSamplerErrorNotReportedOnMetal': Fragment program 'frag': Unrecognized sampler 'sampler_unusedtex' - does not match any texture and is not a recognized inline name (should contain filter and wrap modes).
at line 12 (on d3d11)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Querying the mapped value of map(…) before ':unityLibrary:compileReleaseJavaWithJavac' when building on Android SDK 31
- SetRenderTarget does not correctly display the texture when depthSlice is set to -1
- [2D] Texture 2D Array preview looks corrupted when Mip Map Filtering is set to Box at different Mip levels
- [HDRP][XR] Shadergraph tessellation work differently with XR
- Not uploading texture to the 3D API / GPU during importing has regressed StreamingTests.TextureLoad test in performance