Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1.X
Fixed in 2019.3.X
[Linux] Tile Palette's default brush does not paint tiles
How to reproduce:
1. Download the attached project '1176950repro.zip'
2. Make sure 'scene' Scene is opened and select 'Grid' Game Object
3. Open Tile Palette window
4. Choose 'Paint with active brush (B)' option
5. Select any tile and try to paint on the grid
Expected results: Selected tiles are painted onto the grid
Actual results: The default brush cannot paint any tiles
Reproducible with: 2019.3.0a12, 2020.1.0a1
Not reproducible with: 2017.4.32f1, 2018.4.7f1, 2019.2.2f1, 2019.3.0a11
Regression: 2019.3.0a11 -> 2019.3.0a12
May 02, 2020 07:59
Did you make sure you go to Gameobject->2D object->select tilemap and then try painting on the tilemap
Sep 30, 2019 13:51
I am using Unity 2020.1.0a5.
I still cannot paint tilemaps using the tile palette.
The same workflow works under windows without problems.
Aug 27, 2019 10:39
This makes it very hard for Linux users to create a 2D project.
https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/issues/linux-sprite-editor-slice-window-disappears-when-trying-to-change-slicing-type breaks sprite slicing in any version < 2019.3.0 (the latest 2019.2.2f1 still shows the bug), and this bugs prevents 2019.3.0 from using a tilemap, so we're on a catch-22.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Depth is not rendered in a depth-only camera which is set up by a custom script
- The Scene\Game view is grey when two "Universal Additional Camera Data" scripts are attached to the camera
- NullReferenceException error thrown when changing Scenes in Play Mode
- Crash on "'anonymous namespace'::ConvertFBXShapes" when importing an FBX file
- Crash on Transform::RemoveFromParent when Object.DestroyImmediate() is called on Transform
Resolution Note (fix version 2020.1):
Fixed sprite tilemap editor not working in paint tile mode.