Search Issue Tracker
Under Consideration for 2023.1.X, 2023.2.X
[iOS] Framerate drops below 120fps when tapping the screen in a near-empty scene on iPhone 13 Pro
How to reproduce:
1. Download and open the attached "My Project.zip" project
2. Build and deploy the project to iOS
3. Rapidly tap on screen and observe the numbers in the middle of the screen
Expected result: The FPS barely drops below 120
Actual result: The FPS spikes between 60 and 120
Reproducible with: 2019.4.40f1, 2020.3.36f1, 2021.3.4f1, 2022.1.5f1, 2022.2.17f1
Reproduced with: iPhone 13 Pro (iOS 15.0.0)
Could not reproduce with: iPhone 6S (iOS 13.3.1), iPhone 12 Pro (iOS 14.2.1)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Shader Graph and the Visual Effects Graph scroll unreasonably fast on OSX
- [Android 4.4] Player crashes at splash screen when building with Frame Timing Stats enabled in the Player Settings
- VisualElement’s auto width is incorrect when the element’s parent has a set width
- Black and white flickering when using two Full Screen Pass Renderer Features
- [Audio] Microphone API latency and audio distortions appear after recording
Mar 21, 2023 13:43
+1 This issue is present on:
iPhone 14 Pro Max
When targeting 60fps, I get stutter and framerate drops whenever I touch the screen. This is happening on both of my games. Neither one does it when deployed to Android devices.
The solution from FEELINSIDE below does not work for me. Neither does setting #define ENABLE_DISPLAY_LINK_PAUSING to 0
Mar 13, 2023 00:34
Fixed link on forum with workaround: https://forum.unity.com/threads/iphone-13-pro-120hz-something-is-wrong-with-display-synchronisation-inside-unity.1276082/#post-8871447
Mar 13, 2023 00:34
I have posted workaround on forum: https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/issues/ios-target-fps-is-ignored-on-iphone-13-pro
We can force "targetFPS = maxFPS" in "Classes/UnityAppController+Rendering.mm" and it goes way more better.
Mar 12, 2023 13:45
Also having this issue. Any time I'm touching the screen, fps drops to 30 instead of 60 (or to 60 instead of 120). Extremely terrible to see the issue is still active.
Feb 15, 2023 05:54
My game has 5 ms render time and I set application.targetframerate to 120 and it actually causes the game to stutter between 60 and 120. Setting the target frame rate to 60 fixed it but its frustrating since we should be able to do 120 easily.
Sep 17, 2022 18:07
Aug 11, 2022 20:54
Fix this asap, I’ve been waiting for months
Jul 24, 2022 18:33
+1. This seems to be an issue with builds using URP.