Search Issue Tracker
Under Consideration for 2021.3.X, 2022.1.X, 2022.2.X, 2023.1.X, 2023.2.X
[iOS] Rendering freezes when the orientation is changed
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project "orientationChange.zip"
2. Build and Run the Project on an iOS device
3. In the Build, repeatedly press the "Portrait" button
Expected result: The orientation keeps changing with no freezing
Actual result: After a couple of presses, the rendering freezes
Reproducible with: 2020.3.37f1, 2021.3.6f1, 2022.1.10f1, 2022.2.0b2, 2023.1.0a4
- iPad Air (4th Generation) (iOS 15.2.1)
Did not reproduce on:
- iPhone 12 mini (iOS 14.1)
- iPhone 13 (iOS 15.0)
- iPhone 12 (iOS 14.1)
- iPad Pro 12.9" (iOS 13.4.1)
- iPad (9th generation) (iOS 15.0)
- The issue sometimes happens after a single button press, sometimes takes up to 10 presses
- The freeze can disappear on its own after a while or has a small chance of disappearing after receiving some input on the device
- As evident from the Xcode logs, hand gestures are still recognized and can be used to put the App in the background and even open other apps, while the screen is stuck showing the app
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Graphics.DrawProcedural doesn't work like in DX11 when used with DX12
- [Quest 2] Running Entities Graphics/BatchRendererGroup under Vulkan results in a frame rate drop compared to OpenGLES 3 and causes Tile Binning to cost more
- Filters dropdown: Window doesn't rescale on items collapse
- Sprite Preview is broken when the Sprite is too tall or too wide
- Objects are invisible in Scene view when using Wireframe Shading Mode
May 20, 2023 04:17
The fact these bugs take the amount of time they do to even consider getting fixed is unacceptable.
Apr 24, 2023 19:17
Here's a terrible workaround I was forced to use. Overwrite the trampoline output files on ios builds before building in xcode.
I hope someone finds a better solution. 300ms worked, 200ms didn't. Set to 500ms to be "safe".
Jan 10, 2023 02:16
Reproduced with an iPad (10th generation) (iOS 16.0)