Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in future release
[iOS][Metal] GPU Hang Error (IOAF code 3) in Xcode Console
Errors appear in the Xcode Console when User's project is run on iOS:
2017-04-19 12:55:18.131719+0300 KneeViewer[346:45705] Execution of the command buffer was aborted due to an error during execution. Caused GPU Hang Error (IOAF code 3)
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open User's attached project
2. Make sure the Graphics APIs is set to Metal
3. Run on iPad
Result: Errors appear in the Xcode Console: 2017-04-19 12:55:18.131719+0300 KneeViewer[346:45705] Execution of the command buffer was aborted due to an error during execution. Caused GPU Hang Error (IOAF code 3). iPad screen is black.
Reproduced with: 5.6.0f3, 5.6.0p2
Not reproduced with: 2017.1.0b1 (due to errors in the Console), 5.5.3f1 (works as expected).
iPad Mini 2 | iOS10.3.1 | reproduced
iPad Mini 2 | iOS10.2.1 | not reproduced
iPad Mini 4 | iOS9.3.2 | not reproduced
iPad Pro | iOS10.2 | not reproduced
iPhone 6 | iOS10.3.1 | not reproduced
iPhone 6S | iOS10.3 | not reproduced
Workaround: change graphics API to OpenGLES2 or OpenGLES3.
Note: the issue only reproduces on Metal.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Visual artifacts appear when rendering to render texture which uses a specific shader
- Unity crashes when calling GameObject.Destroy() on an "empty" GameObject
- FileNotFoundException exception when there are special characters in the assembly path when calling Activator.CreateInstance
- [VR] Crash w/ Oculus and DX11 on Camera selection
- Editor crashes in FindRelativeTransformWithPath on entering Play mode, when two certain scripts are attached to game object