Search Issue Tracker
Duplicate in 2018.3.X
[HDRP][LWRP] Reinstalling Render Pipeline package results in broken lighting and ArgumentNullException errors
How to reproduce:
1. Create a new Unity project using "High-Definition RP" template
2. Open Package Manager (Window/Package Manager)
3. Remove "HD Render Pipeline" package
4. Reinstall the same package version
Expected behavior: The lighting in the scene is the same as before removing the package.
Actual behavior: After reinstalling the package, the scene is grey (on some versions bluish or yellowish) and lots of ArgumentNullException errors are thrown in the Console window.
Reproducible with - 2018.2.0b7, 2018.2.0f2, 2018.2.6f1, 2018.3.0a10
Not reproducible with - 2018.1.9f2, 2018.2.0b6
Note: The same issue occurs with projects that are using Lightweight RP.
Errors that are thrown:
ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.
Parameter name: value
UnityEngine.MaterialPropertyBlock.SetTexture (Int32 nameID, UnityEngine.Texture value) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/Shader.cs:130)
Workaround: Reopening the project.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Sprite Atlas remains loaded in memory after scene change or unloading assets
- Decompressing a DeflateStream under IL2CPP misses a few bytes
- Referred style sheet stays dirty after saving when using the UIBuilder
- The Height map Amplitude is not working when using HDRP/LayeredLit
- Infinite inertial tensor rotation values are not discarded (both AB and RB)