Search Issue Tracker
Duplicate in 2018.3
[HDRP][LWRP] Reinstalling Render Pipeline package results in broken lighting and ArgumentNullException errors
How to reproduce:
1. Create a new Unity project using "High-Definition RP" template
2. Open Package Manager (Window/Package Manager)
3. Remove "HD Render Pipeline" package
4. Reinstall the same package version
Expected behavior: The lighting in the scene is the same as before removing the package.
Actual behavior: After reinstalling the package, the scene is grey (on some versions bluish or yellowish) and lots of ArgumentNullException errors are thrown in the Console window.
Reproducible with - 2018.2.0b7, 2018.2.0f2, 2018.2.6f1, 2018.3.0a10
Not reproducible with - 2018.1.9f2, 2018.2.0b6
Note: The same issue occurs with projects that are using Lightweight RP.
Errors that are thrown:
ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.
Parameter name: value
UnityEngine.MaterialPropertyBlock.SetTexture (Int32 nameID, UnityEngine.Texture value) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/Shader.cs:130)
Workaround: Reopening the project.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Awake is called in a different order when IProcessSceneWithReport.OnProcessScene() is called in the Editor and the Build
- LightEvent.AfterShadowMap CommandBuffer events are not being called when race condition occurs
- GUI Items are not found and highlighted when using Highligher.Highlight() method
- Opening a nested Prefab consisting of two prefabs results in a corrupted and broken prefab which becomes a Prefab variant.
- Visual C# Compiler fails to locate assembly if response file compiler argument path contains spaces