Search Issue Tracker
GfxDeviceWorker crash when in playmode after upgrading project to 2018.3
This is a project upgrade issue.
The game works fine in 2018.2.17f1
In 2018.3, i keep getting crashes when I die or when i kill an enemy. The crash is intermittent.
To reproduce this:
- Download the project form the OC link in the comments
- Start with the MainMenu scene
- Enter play mode
- WASD to move around and LClick to shoot. R to reload, Z to turn on the light
- Shoot the boxes around you
- Go to the left side and you will find an enemy.
- I crashed when i killed him
- Some other times, i crashed when i got killed.
Cannot reproduce in Unity 2018.2.17f1
Reproducible in 2018.3.0f2 and 2019.1.0a13
========== OUTPUTTING STACK TRACE ==================
0x000000014218ACFB (Unity) GpuProgram::ApplyValueParameters<D3D11GpuProgramApplier>
0x000000014218F220 (Unity) D3D11CommonShader::ApplyGpuProgram
0x000000014219AB99 (Unity) GfxDeviceD3D11Base::SetShadersThreadable
0x0000000142202F3C (Unity) GfxDeviceWorker::RunCommand
0x000000014220B2CB (Unity) GfxDeviceWorker::RunExt
0x000000014220B3C4 (Unity) GfxDeviceWorker::RunGfxDeviceWorker
0x0000000140A6F094 (Unity) Thread::RunThreadWrapper
0x00007FFEF3AB3034 (KERNEL32) BaseThreadInitThunk
0x00007FFEF4353691 (ntdll) RtlUserThreadStart
========== END OF STACKTRACE ===========
This is a duplicate of issue #1110007Editor throws "GetGfxDevice() should only be called from main thread" errors and eventually crashes when in Play Mode
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Scripting][Event] InputUpdateType.Manual does not work
- Objects connected by joints begin rotating continuously when colliding with each other
- [HUB] Installed build targets are not shown while opening an existing project
- Previewing an Animation from the Animation Window results in bone transform changes
- EditorApplication.projectWasLoaded doesn't fire when the editor is launched with -batchmode -quit -executeMethod