Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.3
Fixed in 2019.1
Editor throws "GetGfxDevice() should only be called from main thread" errors and eventually crashes when in Play Mode
How to reproduce:
1. Open attached project "Breeze"
2. Enter Play Mode
3. Play the game for 2minutes
Observe errors "GetGfxDevice() should only be called from main thread" spammed in the Console
Observe the crash following the errors
Reproduced with: 2018.3.0b7, 2018.3.1f1, 2019.1.0a13
Does not reproduce with: 2018.3.0b6
Note: For 2019.1 Entering Play Mode is not needed to receive same error in Console
========== OUTPUTTING STACK TRACE ==================
0x000000014034D99D (Unity) SharedObject<SharedMeshData,1,SharedObjectDeleteReleaseOp<SharedMeshData> >::Release
0x0000000142203ADA (Unity) GfxDeviceWorker::RunCommand
0x000000014220B2CB (Unity) GfxDeviceWorker::RunExt
0x000000014220B3C4 (Unity) GfxDeviceWorker::RunGfxDeviceWorker
0x0000000140A6F094 (Unity) Thread::RunThreadWrapper
0x00007FFE0B3A1FE4 (KERNEL32) BaseThreadInitThunk
0x00007FFE0DF2CB81 (ntdll) RtlUserThreadStart
========== END OF STACKTRACE ===========
Update: fixed in 2019.2.0a6, 2019.1.0b5 and 2018.3.8f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Changing ip address of cache server v2 doesn't reconnect.
- Aplying changes to root prefab in a nested prefab undo changes made to the child prefab
- [2018.4][UWP] Exception is thrown 'Unable to find method PostprocessStacktrace in [UnityEngine.CoreModule.dll]'
- Sub Emitter particle's width is twice its height when Separate Axes in the Size over Lifetime module is enabled
- Animation does not play correctly when Optimized Game Object functionality is used and a Child GameObject is added to bone