Search Issue Tracker
[General] Unclear error messages and script component issues when importing a project from Unity 2017.2
1. Import user's attached project to any release 2017.4-2019.1
Expected: comprehensible error message appears, script components are not affected in any way
Actual: "InvalidOperationException" error appears, script component is shown as either "Nothing selected" or "(Script)"
Reproduced in: 2017.4,17f1. 2018.2.20f1, 2018.3.1f1, 2019.1.0a12
Note1: 2019.1 has more severe outcome. On defocusing and refocusing editor, a new behavior is introduced: clicking anywhere on editor forces recompilation to start and fail after short period of time. This makes editor unusable and impossible to quit by simple means.
Note2: script names are correct in 2018.3 and 20019.1
Note3: full console error:
InvalidOperationException: Sequence contains no matching element
System.Linq.Enumerable.Single[TSource] (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1[T] source, System.Func`2[T,TResult] predicate) (at <389a581424f249b6bfedc5bb6d85fb6d>:0)
UnityEditor.Scripting.ScriptCompilation.EditorCompilation.CompileScripts (UnityEditor.Scripting.ScriptCompilation.EditorScriptCompilationOptions options, UnityEditor.BuildTargetGroup platformGroup, UnityEditor.BuildTarget platform) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Scripting/ScriptCompilation/EditorCompilation.cs:632)
UnityEditor.Scripting.ScriptCompilation.EditorCompilationInterface+<CompileScripts>c__AnonStorey2.<>m__0 () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Scripting/ScriptCompilation/EditorCompilationInterface.cs:177)
UnityEditor.Scripting.ScriptCompilation.EditorCompilationInterface.EmitExceptionAsError[T] (System.Func`1[TResult] func, T returnValue) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Scripting/ScriptCompilation/EditorCompilationInterface.cs:75)
UnityEditor.Scripting.ScriptCompilation.EditorCompilationInterface:CompileScripts(EditorScriptCompilationOptions, BuildTargetGroup, BuildTarget)
On 2019.1 there's also error:
Microsoft (R) Visual C# Compiler version 18.104.22.168535 (9d34608e)Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- When the registry value for "TimeZoneKeyName" is invalid, "TimeZoneNotFoundException" exceptions are thrown
- [2018.4] UnityWebRequest.java has a sHostnameVerifier which doesn't have server identity check implemented
- Secondary hidden Hierarchy windows pop up when a new gameObject is created in another Hierarchy window
- UI Details profiler does not display any information when selected and throws exceptions when UI module is disabled
- [UWP] ContentDialog box doesn't disable apps interactivity