Search Issue Tracker
First time entering playmode extremely slow when project contains many ScriptableObject assets
Steps to repro:
1. Open attached project
2. Enter Play Mode
Expected result: Editor takes 1-2 seconds to enter Play Mode (like in 2018.2)
Actual result: Editor takes 110+ seconds to enter Play Mode
Reproduced in: 2018.4.0f1, 2019.1.2f1, 2019.2.0b1, 2019.3.0a2
Not reproduced in: 2018.3.0a2
1. Entering Play Mode second time is way faster.
2. The project contains several thousand Tilemap tile assets, removing these from the project drops the first time Play Mode startup time significantly.
3. Profiler shows "enterPlayModePreWaeake.Invoke takes 114904ms, on the second play it takes only around 4.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Scene View] Gizmos dropdown disappears while toggling Windzone checkbox with its tooltip open
- Crash in StackAllocator::TryDeallocate when calling ParticleSystemRenderer.BakeMesh
- Modifying scoped registries in project manifest does not update Package Manager UI window
- Models change their position in scene when upgrading project
- Texture 'Read/Write' option does not double the memory in Profiler