Search Issue Tracker
First time entering playmode extremely slow when project contains many ScriptableObject assets
Steps to repro:
1. Open attached project
2. Enter Play Mode
Expected result: Editor takes 1-2 seconds to enter Play Mode (like in 2018.2)
Actual result: Editor takes 110+ seconds to enter Play Mode
Reproduced in: 2018.4.0f1, 2019.1.2f1, 2019.2.0b1, 2019.3.0a2
Not reproduced in: 2018.3.0a2
1. Entering Play Mode second time is way faster.
2. The project contains several thousand Tilemap tile assets, removing these from the project drops the first time Play Mode startup time significantly.
3. Profiler shows "enterPlayModePreWaeake.Invoke takes 114904ms, on the second play it takes only around 4.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Tabbed headers in editor windows need a style update
- [iOS] ReplayKit.APIAvailable returns 'false' on the first call on iOS 13 devices
- Texture preview can be clicked through
- [Progress] Progress bar does not revert to unresponsive status after another task completes
- [Progress] Progress always displays the remaining time after doing it once