Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
[FBX] OnPostprocessMaterial isn't called when material creation mode is MaterialDescription
1. Open user's the attached project "FbxDescriptorImport.zip"
2. Open Assets > Scenes > SampleScene
3. Right-click on "cube_red-diffusecolor-map" and refresh
4. Observe Console: "post:" is not logged
5. Select "cube_red-diffusecolor-map" > Material > Material Creation Mode > Standard (Legacy) and apply
6. Observe Console: "post:" is logged
Expected results: OnPostprocessMaterial is called when material creation mode is MaterialDescription
Actual results: OnPostprocessMaterial isn't called when material creation mode is MaterialDescription
Reproduced in: 2019.4.30f1, 2020.3.19f1, 2021.1.22f1, 2021.2.0b13, 2022.1.0a11
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Long Prefab save times when using Unity 2022.2 and higher
- Console displays error "UnityException: Creating asset at path Assets/Scenes/ .scenetemplate failed." during scene template saving
- "Development Build" watermark is shown in non-development UWP release builds
- Console errors appear when the Inspector is set to Debug and a GameObject is selected
- A script public variable value is not used when set in the Inspector window
Resolution Note (fix version 2022.1):
This issue is by design.
The new MaterialDescription mode calls the new OnPreprocessMaterialDescription which gives more details for Material manipulations during import than the old callback. In that case, the old OnPostprocessMaterial is not called anymore to avoid overlap with old and less specific implementations.
The documentation has been updated to reflect this separation between the different settings and the AssetPostprocessor callbacks involved.