Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.1.X
Fixed in 2018.3.X
EditMode test cases that use an invalid TestCaseAttribute fail silently in Batch mode
1. Download the attached project "TestCaseAttribute.zip" and open in Unity
2. Open Test Runner window
3. Select the EditMode tab
4. Press "Run All" button
5. Observe that one Test fails and register an Error in it:
"System.Reflection.TargetParameterCountException : Incorrect number of parameters specified for TestCase"
6. Close Unity Editor
7. Run Tests in a Batch mode with a command:
"./Unity -projectPath /Users/unity/Documents/PS/Editor-Tests/TestCaseAttribute -runEditorTests -editorTestsResultFile ~/Desktop/Test/log.xml -logFile ~/Desktop/Test/newlog.log"
8. Open Test folder in Desktop and inspect "log.xml" file
Expected results: In "log.xml" you will find the same Error which was in Unity Editor
Actual results: In "log.xml" there is no Error - Test failed silently
- This issue appears on both Windows and macOS
- Could not check for Regression on Unity 2018.2.0a1 and 2018.2.0a2 because Unity Editor crashes and on Unity 2018.2.0a3 Batch mode for some reason stops
Reproduced on Unity 2018.2.0a4, 2018.2.14f1, 2018.3.0b7 and 2019.1.0a6
Not reproduced on Unity 2017.4.0f1, 2017.4.13f1 and 2018.1.9f2
Regression on Unity 2018.2.0a4
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Standard Unity Materials and Shaders become corrupted after importing specific Asset Packages
- [Linux][OpenGL][Vulkan] Draw calls are not shown in the Event List when taking a capture of a frame with RenderDoc
- Inaccurate collision detections when Rigidbody Collision Detection is set to "Continuous" or "Continuous Dynamic"
- Crash on Object::IncrementPersistentDirtyIndex when upgrading project version
- [iOS] Multiple Xcode project instances created before opens up when performing Build and Run for iOS Platform