Search Issue Tracker
Console Window contents disappear when a certain Debug.Log message is clicked
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project "ConsoleError_ReproProject.zip" and scene "SampleScene"
2. Enter Play Mode
3. Click the "OnEvent" debug message after it appears in the Console Window
4. Observe the Console Window
Expected result: the Console Window contents persist and the clicked message is explained in more detail in the bottom half of the Console Window
Actual result: the Console Window contents cannot be seen anymore and the Console Window UI appears broken
Reproducible with: 2019.1.0a10, 2019.1.0f1, 2019.2.0a1, 2019.2.0a11,
Not reproducible with: 2017.4.0f1, 2017.4.25f1, 2018.3.0a1, 2018.3.13f1, 2019.1.0a1, 2019.1.0a9
Note: clicking the last message preview which is always visible at the very bottom restores the Console Window's contents revealing the missing contents as well as many errors such as "ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Length cannot be less than zero." and "GUI Error: You are pushing more GUIClips than you are popping. Make sure they are balanced.
This is a duplicate of issue #1139181Console Window breaks when Console log that has path containing parentheses is clicked
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Memory leaks and Editor crashes/freezes when using decimal values in Gizmos
- "The page you were looking for doesn't exist" message appears when trying to Sign in using Unity Hub/Editor
- [Regression] Enviroment lighting is broken in the 2017.4.27f1 version
- Usymtool does not support arm64e
- [Addressables] Exception is thrown when accessing AssetReference.Asset before the asset is loaded