Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.2.X
Fixed in 2020.3.X, 2021.2.X
Compute Buffer errors in the Player.log when building project with Vertex Compression set to Everything
1. Open the attached project "1074438-IvalidStride.zip"
2. Open the "SampleScene" Scene
3. Set Vertex Compression to Everything in Edit > Player Settings > Other Settings > Vertex Compression
4. Build and run the project
5. Observe the Player.log file from "%USERPROFILE%\AppData\LocalLow\CompanyName\ProductName\Player.log"
Expected result: There are no errors in the Player.log file
Actual result: In the Player.log file occurs the following error: "Invalid stride 1 for Compute Buffer - must be greater than 0, less or equal to 2048 and a multiple of 4"
Reproducible with: 2020.2.0b2, 2020.3.19f1, 2021.1.0a1, 2021.1.22f1, 2021.2.0b13, 2022.1.0a10
Not reproducible with: 2019.4.30f, 2020.2.0a21, 2020.2.0b1
- Not reproducible on MacOS
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Build fails when building with ILCPP Scripting Backend and ARMv7 as the Target Architecture
- Textures turn black in Player when they are referenced by a script instance
- [Android] Virtual device crashes with "Scudo ERROR: invalid chunk state when deallocating address" error in Firebase Test Lab when Optimized Frame Pacing is enabled
- Particle System does not resume when its Culling Mode is set to "Pause" or "Pause and Catch-up," and particle position simulate in world space
- "Custom Render Queue" field cannot be set above "2000" when changing it in the Inspector window using Debug mode