Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.2.X
Fixed in 2020.3.X, 2021.2.X
Compute Buffer errors in the Player.log when building project with Vertex Compression set to Everything
1. Open the attached project "1074438-IvalidStride.zip"
2. Open the "SampleScene" Scene
3. Set Vertex Compression to Everything in Edit > Player Settings > Other Settings > Vertex Compression
4. Build and run the project
5. Observe the Player.log file from "%USERPROFILE%\AppData\LocalLow\CompanyName\ProductName\Player.log"
Expected result: There are no errors in the Player.log file
Actual result: In the Player.log file occurs the following error: "Invalid stride 1 for Compute Buffer - must be greater than 0, less or equal to 2048 and a multiple of 4"
Reproducible with: 2020.2.0b2, 2020.3.19f1, 2021.1.0a1, 2021.1.22f1, 2021.2.0b13, 2022.1.0a10
Not reproducible with: 2019.4.30f, 2020.2.0a21, 2020.2.0b1
- Not reproducible on MacOS
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Long Prefab save times when using Unity 2022.2 and higher
- Console displays error "UnityException: Creating asset at path Assets/Scenes/ .scenetemplate failed." during scene template saving
- "Development Build" watermark is shown in non-development UWP release builds
- Console errors appear when the Inspector is set to Debug and a GameObject is selected
- A script public variable value is not used when set in the Inspector window
Resolution Note (fix version 2022.2):
Fixed in: 2022.1.0b1
Resolution Note (fix version 2021.2):
Fixed in: 2021.2.8f1
Resolution Note (fix version 2020.3):
Fixed in: 2020.3.26f1