Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.2.X
Fixed in 2020.3.X, 2021.2.X
Compute Buffer errors in the Player.log when building project with Vertex Compression set to Everything
1. Open the attached project "1074438-IvalidStride.zip"
2. Open the "SampleScene" Scene
3. Set Vertex Compression to Everything in Edit > Player Settings > Other Settings > Vertex Compression
4. Build and run the project
5. Observe the Player.log file from "%USERPROFILE%\AppData\LocalLow\CompanyName\ProductName\Player.log"
Expected result: There are no errors in the Player.log file
Actual result: In the Player.log file occurs the following error: "Invalid stride 1 for Compute Buffer - must be greater than 0, less or equal to 2048 and a multiple of 4"
Reproducible with: 2020.2.0b2, 2020.3.19f1, 2021.1.0a1, 2021.1.22f1, 2021.2.0b13, 2022.1.0a10
Not reproducible with: 2019.4.30f, 2020.2.0a21, 2020.2.0b1
- Not reproducible on MacOS
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Dropdown menu covers the button when there is no space for it from below
- WebCamDevice only returns one rear-facing camera when built on Android
- Reimporting a Scripted Importer Asset when Profiler is recording will make it null
- Crash on CachedWriter::Write when building a project that has access to files being denied
- Lego tutorial does not continue when text fields are updated