Search Issue Tracker
Class constructor is not invoked when adding SerializeReference attribute
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project "1206352.zip"
2. Open the SampleScene
3. Select the Container script (Assets -> Runtime -> Container)
4. Reimport the script (right-click -> Reimport)
5. Enter Play mode and notice Default value being logged
6. Exit Play mode and uncomment the [SerializeReference] attribute of the Container script
7. Enter Play mode
Expected result: Default value is logged
Actual result: NullReferenceException is thrown
Reproducible with: 2019.3.0f4, 2020.1.0a18
Reimporting the script when [SerializeReference] attribute is uncommented will stop the Item class constructor from being invoked.
Creating a new ScriptableObject (right-click -> Create -> Container) will Invoke the constructor.
[SerializeReference] attribute was not available prior to Unity 2019.3, therefore the issue is not reproducible.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- TrailRenderer.SetPosition will log a Index out of bounds error when index is in bounds of the positionCount property
- [URP] Graphics.DrawMeshInstancedIndirect rendering correctly after clicking an another application/refreshing Assets
- Packages under V2 lifecycle are incorrectly labeled as 'Pre-Release' or 'Release'
- Runtime theme's text color and font-size cannot be overridden from user stylesheets using :root selector
- [iOS] [IL2CPP] try-catch when() filter fails