Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.1
Fixed in 2019.4, 2020.1, 2020.2
[SerializeReference] Polymorphic instances are always recreated when applying *any* inspector value change
1) Add the Script PlayModeBug to a GameObject.
2) Enter play mode
3) Select the GameObject with the script and change the value of the toggle "A Bool".
4) Notice the string property "PropertyValue" has lost its value in the SerializeReference field.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Shadows are not cast when you first Blit the Shadow map and then set it back to Buffer
- Changes to instanced detail mesh material don't immediately apply
- [uGUI] Vertices retrieved from GetUIVertexStream method cannot be modified when adjusting them through script
- Scroll bar scrolls less in the Package Manager packages than elsewhere when pressing on the empty scroll bar area to scroll
- Undo.RegisterCreatedObjectUndo dirties the scene, but no actual changes to Scene are made