Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.1.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.1.X, 2020.2.X
[SerializeReference] Polymorphic instances are always recreated when applying *any* inspector value change
1) Add the Script PlayModeBug to a GameObject.
2) Enter play mode
3) Select the GameObject with the script and change the value of the toggle "A Bool".
4) Notice the string property "PropertyValue" has lost its value in the SerializeReference field.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Package Manager] Access denied when installing some packages
- SerializedProperty.DataEquals returns true for two strings that are different
- Screen.orientation returns Landscape despite it being made obsolete
- Prefab is glitchy when editing in Prefab Mode in a custom UI Environment
- Crash on AudioMixer::EnsureValidRuntime when entering Play mode