Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.2.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.3.X, 2021.3.X, 2022.1.X
Button's hitbox is offset when building standalone project for two screens
1. Open the attached build of the project named "Build_1141732_New"
2. Select a non-native screen resolution
3. Start the game
4. Move the mouse over one of the buttons on the second screen
Expected result: Button's hitbox is inside the button
Actual result: Button's hitbox is offset
Reproducible with: 2018.3.8f1, 2018.3.12f1, 2019.1.0f1, 2019.2.0a11
Not reproducible with: 2017.4.25f1, 2018.3.7f1
1. The bug only happens when the build is running with a non-native screen resolution
2. This is an existing issue (not a regression) which was masked by another bug:
it preventing setting a non-native resolution and thereby kept this issue from manifesting
Sep 08, 2020 10:58
The Unity Editor (2019.4.9f1) works with a second screen (4K) which is of a higher resolution to the primary screen of a MacBook Pro Retina 15", but the game executables do not?
Surely if Unity has already solved the issue, why can't the solution be applied to the game builds?
Come on Unity! The workaround suggested by the resolution is NOT USER FRIENDLY!!! It's a really poor and unacceptable workaround!
Unity is used for not just games but also visualisations, medical and industrial applications! Think about your end-user base please!
May 23, 2020 08:18
What kind of workaround is this? "To work around this problem with Multi-Display, ensure all display have the same Resolution or screen size." Let me just ask all users to buy new monitors.
Jul 18, 2019 16:42
I confirm this problem, still present on 2019.1.10f1 ...
Jun 19, 2019 09:08
Same problem here. Using ScreenSpace - Camera does not help either.
Jun 19, 2019 03:01
I believe this issue may be directly related to another issue already in Issue Tracker as well:
Jun 18, 2019 23:02
We're having the same problem right now with ui controls (buttons, sliders, dropdowns) not receiving their raycasts when on a secondary display which has a different resolution than the first one.
Apr 11, 2019 10:27
We are also experiencing this issue, it's making multi-monitor projects difficult to work on.
Apr 10, 2019 18:50
I confirm this nasty problem, it is highly problematic on multi-display Windows system with different resolutions.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Sprite Preview is broken when the Sprite is too tall or too wide
- Objects are invisible in Scene view when using Wireframe Shading Mode
- The property of a component becomes read-only when it is bound to "PropertyStreamHandle"
- Physics.Raycast does not work when used on the whole model
- Shader Graph changes the Position of Prefab instances in Play mode
Resolution Note (fix version 2022.2):
Fixed in 2022.2.0a4
Resolution Note (fix version 2022.1):
Fixed in Unity 2022.1.1f1
Resolution Note (fix version 2021.3):
Fixed in Unity 2021.3.3f1
Resolution Note (fix version 2020.3):
Fixed in Unity 2020.3.35f1
Resolution Note (fix version 2019.4):
Fixed in Unity 2019.4.40f1