Search Issue Tracker
Duplicate in 2019.3
[Asset Importers] Asset Store Package gets stuck on import
When attempting to import one of the Asset store Top Assets: https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/animation/dotween-hotween-v2-27676
The asset importer gets stuck and an erros appears in the console. Then the Asset importer never progresses from there:
Failed to copy package file to Assets/SimpleTown/DemoScene.meta
After getting the error, the progress bar always appears on the screen, and the asset never gets imported. After killing the Editor from Task Manager and reopening the project, there is a folder hierarchy similar to that of hte project, but none of the assets are there.
If I try to reimport the asset again, though, the second time it works (but only if i leave the folders there!)
- Stick Hero
To repro this:
- start a new project in Unity 2019.3.0b5 or 2020.1.0a5
- Download and try to open this asset store assets: https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/animation/dotween-hotween-v2-27676
Reproducible in Unity 2020.1.0a5, 2019.3.0b5
Reproducible with BOTH ADB v1 and v2
Not reproducible in 2019.3.0b3, 2019.2.0f2
First affected version: 2019.3.0b4
WORKAROUND: Repen the project and reimport the asset the second time.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Texture Importer Inspector throws errors when a built-in texture inspector is overwritten in C#
- ArgumentOutOfRangeException error is thrown when selecting a message printed in the Console with specific string
- [macOS] VideoPlayer.clockTime gets stuck for a few frames when starting to play a video
- VideoPlayer.StepForward() does not VideoPlayer.OnFrameReady when using a non-transcoded video
- [Android] A few frames of audio is played when VideoPlayer.Prepare() is called with audio output mode set to Audio Source