Search Issue Tracker
[Android] Unity fails merging Android manifest with sdk tools 26.0.2
1) Download and open attached project
2) Press Build and run
-- Notice that build fails with errors:
Error: Error while saving blame file, build will continue
Error: The prefix "tools" for attribute "tools:overrideLibrary" associated with an element type "uses-sdk" is not bound.
AndroidSDKToolsException: Unable to merge android manifests. See the Console for more details.
UnityEditor.Android.AndroidSDKTools.DetectErrorsAndWarnings (System.String logMessages, System.String errorMsg)
UnityEditor.Android.AndroidSDKTools.RunCommandInternal (System.String javaExe, System.String sdkToolsDir, System.String sdkToolCommand, Int32 memoryMB, <...> (full error pasted in edit section)
Note: This reproduces only with 26.0.1 and 26.0.2 (currently newest) versions of sdk tools
2017.2.0b1, 2017.1.0f1, 5.6.1p2, 5.5.4p1, 5.4.5p3
RESOLUTION: WONTFIX. The issue is caused by a bug in the project. Specifically, Assets/Plugins/Android/AndroidManifest.xml is invalid and broken. The exact issue is that the manifest lacks xmlns:tools="http://schemas.android.com/tools" namespace declaration and thus the new manifest merger tool from 26.0.2 fails to merge it with another manifest (specifically support-v4-25.2.0.aar), which uses the tools XML namespace.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Mac] Unity Hub encounters a critical error when trying to launch it after logging out
- [XR SDK | GLES] large gpu perf regression ~3 ms
- UploadHandlerFile.contentType cannot be set and always returns "text/plain"
- [XR][URP][Shader Graph][Android] Shader graph shaders are not rendering on Android when using texture array layout (multiview)
- Cloth behaving different after upgrading to 2019.2.9 from 2018.3