Search Issue Tracker
Models have deformations when they are imported from AssetBundle and Optimize Mesh Data is enabled
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open users attached project "Demo.zip"
2. Open Addressables window (Window > Asset Management > Addressable Assets) then clear the cache (Build > Clean > All)
3. Rebuild the Addressables cache (in addressable window, Build > Build Player Content - Make sure you've built the Player along with the Editor or the assetbundle build will fail with compilation errors)
4. Enter play mode
5. Wait for a few seconds for a GameObject to spawn
-- Observe the head of the blue model
Expected results: 3D models from Assetbundles are loaded without any deformations
Actual results: 3D models from Assetbundles are loaded with deformations
After step 2, performing this extra step fixed the issue: Open Player Settings (Editor > Project Settings) and change Optimize Mesh Data to false
Reproducible with: 2019.1.8f1(preview - 1.1.3), 2019.2.0b7(preview - 1.1.3), 2019.3.0a7(preview - 1.1.3)
Note: Version 2018.4.2f1 and lower throw bunch of package errors, fixing them would ruin the project
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Sprite Preview is broken when the Sprite is too tall or too wide
- Objects are invisible in Scene view when using Wireframe Shading Mode
- The property of a component becomes read-only when it is bound to "PropertyStreamHandle"
- Physics.Raycast does not work when used on the whole model
- Shader Graph changes the Position of Prefab instances in Play mode