Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2019.2
You cannot delete assets on a network drive in Linux
To reproduce (either do all a or all b steps):
a1. Find a CIFS network share.
a2. Mount it in linux, e.g. I used sudo mount -t cifs -o username=guest,vers=1.0 //IPANDPATH /mnt/netdrive
b1. Have multiple partitions on the same drive for different Ubuntu OSes
3. Make a new project on the drive (if a) or a different partition than the one in which current OS is (if b)
4. Make a new Material
5. Delete the Material
Results: Material does not get deleted and an error message saying "Failed to unload Assets/New Material.mat"
Expected: Material gets deleted.
Reproduced in 2017.3.1f1, 2018.2.0f2
Linux Editor no longer fails to delete assets on partitions or network drives that do not contain trash directories.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Hub] No button to add Platform support to installed Unity versions
- GameObject selection inside Prefab causes Editor lag/freeze
- Camera does not Render a Video Player when Cameras Culling Mask is set to anything except "Everything"
- [iOS][Editor]Legacy Launch Images iPhone 6.5 Landscape resolution mislabelled in Player Settings/Splash Image
- The Marker does not Run and gets Skipped when running in Reverse